XStylus update

Linopoly

You all may have heard that Elton's XStylus project reached its funding goal on Kickstarter. However, there was at least one bad pledge where payment failed, and after some back and forth with Kickstarter, Elton eventually refunded all of the money and put up a new funding page at IndieGoGo. IndieGoGo is similar to Kickstarter, except that payments are immediate, and if the funding goal isn't reached, the money stays with Elton, but the transaction fee jumps from 4% to 9%. See Elton's commentary about this here and here.

He's also updated his prototype to be compatible with the DSi, DSLite, and 3DS. According to Elton, the old XStylus actually fit in the Pandora case, and he says the new one theoretically should fit as well, but he hasn't checked yet. I just received my refund today from my Kickstarter payment, so I'm posting here in case anyone new is interested in funding the project in exchange for some future XStyluses (sound familiar?). The new fundraising/pre-order page is here. He says he's start production as soon as the new funding goal is reached.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the update! I noticed this when it happened and went ahead and sprung for the $90 option (I was first!). I figured I could give some to my nephews.

Elton just confirmed on GP32X that the XStylus Crayon fits into the Pandora:

Elton said:
Hi guys, sorry for not able to get back to you earlier, I just returned from my trip yesterday.

XStylus Crayon works great with Open Pandora, it fits nicely and firmly in the pen slot at the back of the machine. Pre order yours before the opportunity ends, pre order here

XStylusCrayonOpenPandora.jpg

The XStylus is now founded !

Elton has reached the goal of 7000$ last night, so the production will now actually take place for sure. There's also a secondary goal of reaching 7850$, which will give all subscribers an extra "crystal" stylus, and 10 remaining days to achieve it.

So now's a perfect time to go to the project page and order your set of 4 (maybe 5) colored styli (and a postcard from Hong-Kong ;) ) for 15$.

Just order a set of 4 :)

Do we know when they are scheduled to ship? I didn't see it anywhere on the website.

I just got an email from them, looks like they've made well past their goal for the crystal version! Word is they'll start shipping at the end of July, with postcards to be sent out shortly.

Or, a little more accurately:

- The promised handwritten postcards from Hong Kong will be sent out in a few days
- The IndieGoGo pre-ordered packs of XStylus Crayons + Crystal (+together with the relevant perks) will be mailed out by end of July

No worries - and I didn't mean to make out you were some sort of misinformation-spreading n00b or anything; just seemed to be a slightly different interpretation of the information you'd quickly scanned. :)

Now all I gotta do is hope I have my Pandora by then in order to justify buying a bunch of styluses. :mellow:

Back