Ipod/iphone Emulator?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbp

Still Fresh
I just jailbroke my Ipod touch 2G and got to installing apps/games.

Damn, some of them games are nice. It would be cool if there would be an emulator. The ipod uses ARM as well, so porting shouldn't be that hard.

As for the motion sensors, etc, maybe we can get an external dongle for it or simulate it using the nubs.

Tried quake, doom and the resolution sux. Game made of only big pixels. Will it look better on the pandora?

The GBA emulator is nice. Running Pokemon roms very nicely.

With a emulator for ipa files we can use to emulate the emulators and run the roms on those emulators. lol

isn't most of the apps for a jailbroken touch/iphone more or less opensource

Support for objective-c shouldn't be a problem, however the apple devices uses an older version of OpenGL ES and as far as i know the 2.0 version used in pandora isn't backwards compatible (i could be wrong so feel free to correct me)

Fredrik said:
isn't most of the apps for a jailbroken touch/iphone more or less opensource

Support for objective-c shouldn't be a problem, however the apple devices uses an older version of OpenGL ES and as far as i know the 2.0 version used in pandora isn't backwards compatible (i could be wrong so feel free to correct me)
While OpenGL ES 2.0 not backward-compatible with 1.1, the Pandora DOES support 1.1 in addition to 2.0.

Last edited by a moderator:
PlopperZ said:
The iPhone is too powerful to emulate and the Pandora doesn't have multitouch.
:blink: you sure about that

do you not mean its to complicated as in its architecture to emulate

not that

iphone > pandora

if your correct the why the hell did i wait for a pandora (controls alright but still)

Games on iPhone are probably high level enough (probably have no real choice) that you could emulate them at OS-level instead of hardware level (ie WINE), but it'd take an incredible effort to manage this in any useful capacity.

Just because something is too powerful to emulate on a given system doesn't mean that given system is less powerful than the system you're trying to emulate. You need an exponentially more powerful system to emulate other systems.

emcp said:
PlopperZ said:
The iPhone is too powerful to emulate and the Pandora doesn't have multitouch.

:blink: you sure about that
I'm sure he is. It doesn't mean the iPhone is more powerful than the Pandora. It just means you would need a lot more power in order to emulate it.
For example, the GP2X (and GP32) are both too powerful for any current handheld to emulate. You can get close with the GP32, but by no means a decent emulation.

Since the other thread on this exact same topic is less than a month old, please continue discussion in that one rather then everyone repeating everything.

Most of these things like Quake and such are open-source. So, we'll have the same games, and somebody will probably write an iPhone-like interface just to irk me but no emulation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back