VisualBoyAdvance (GBA) Question

Eisner

Still Fresh
We really need an Emulation section to this forum.. For posting questions pertaining to the emulators.. unless the General Talk section is ok to post this in...

I was wondering about the status of the VisualBoyAdvance (GBA) Emulator. It had not been updated since it's release in 08/12/2010 version 1.7.2.1

I got all the Pokemon Roms (ya... I know... but they are for my kid) and noticed that they all.. red, yellow, green, etc.. for the GBA has a lot of video and sound skipping.. I tried zip and uncompressed versions and the result is the same.

Any suggestions for improving play and or an update on the emulator would be appreciated.

Pinballwzd

Last edited by a moderator:
We really need an Emulation section to this forum.. For posting questions pertaining to the emulators.. unless the General Talk section is ok to post this in...

I was wondering about the status of the VisualBoyAdvance (GBA) Emulator. It had not been updated since it's release in 08/12/2010 version 1.7.2.1

I got all the Pokemon Roms (ya... I know... but they are for my kid) and noticed that they all.. red, yellow, green, etc.. for the GBA has a lot of video and sound skipping.. I tried zip and uncompressed versions and the result is the same.

Any suggestions for improving play and or an update on the emulator would be appreciated.

Pinballwzd

Use the other one. VBA is a bit slow, because it's a direct port from the PC version iirc. Use GPSP instead.

D.

Dear exophase,

Are you working, or have plans of working on an official gpSP port on the pandora?

Yours Truely,

Grant

Dear exophase,

Are you working, or have plans of working on an official gpSP port on the pandora?

Yours Truely,

Grant

Nope, sorry - I'd rather do a new GBA emulator, but that's pushed back behind other things (like finishing that Temper release :|).. tell you what, if I ever make an effort towards that I consider substantial I'll actually start a blog for it, instead of just working on things in secret like I tend to.

But for what it's worth, a port definitely doesn't have to be from me to be considered any good or even "official" - I'd say notaz's versions on GP2X/Wiz were better cared for than the ones I made on GP2X. Of course, notaz has a lot on his plate too so I probably wouldn't nag him in particular to do this ;)

thanks exo, I'm just curious as the "console emulators wet dream" appears to have more than one ginge wrapped emulators as being the "current best options"

but whatever works, if gpSP is open sourced I wonder why nobody else has ported it yet, oh well. As long as it works, and works well, there's nothing to really complain about, right?

thanks for the responce

Thank you everyone... I appreciate the information and direction to the other emulator...

Dear exophase,

Yours Truely,

Grant

Nope, sorry - I'd rather do a new GBA emulator, but that's pushed back behind other things (like finishing that Temper release :|).. tell you what, if I ever make an effort towards that I consider substantial I'll actually start a blog for it, instead of just working on things in secret like I tend to.

But for what it's worth, a port definitely doesn't have to be from me to be considered any good or even "official" - I'd say notaz's versions on GP2X/Wiz were better cared for than the ones I made on GP2X. Of course, notaz has a lot on his plate too so I probably wouldn't nag him in particular to do this ;)

As a fellow TurboGrafx/PC Engine loving maniac, feel free to use me for beta-testing on Temper when I get my Panda. Single most important emu for me. Everything else is icing on the cake. Maybe I can even help with GUI images or something. Whatever I can do to help, if you need it.

Last edited by a moderator:
As a fellow TurboGrafx/PC Engine loving maniac, feel free to use me for beta-testing on Temper when I get my Panda. Single most important emu for me. Everything else is icing on the cake. Maybe I can even help with GUI images or something. Whatever I can do to help, if you need it.

Maybe I'll invite you to my house to test netplay or something ;P

This emulator did the trick.. Pokemon GBA works great. Thanks!,

Back