iPhone X - $999

Only 1k dollars? Meh... come buy it in Brazil where you will have the opportunity to fork 3k dollars for the very same object.

I can understand that this is sarcasm, but I'm not sure what this has to do with what I told... maybe I didn't expressed in the right way my thoughts ?

To be clear, with "technological advancements" I had Nokia and Sony-Ericcson in mind

My bicep tattoo of Tux the linux penguin (holding a 1UP mushroom) is my favorite status symbol and it was free because my brother was learning to tattoo and needed practice.

pics or it didn't happen ;)

pics or it didn't happen ;)
TUX.jpg

Are you suggesting there are better ways of inaudibly communicating to your immediate surroundings that you are profoundly stupid?
There are endless ways.

50 inch rims on your car that spin.

Driving around with bass so loud the houses shake everywhere you go (though that's not "inaudible")

wearing a fedora

sagging pants around the knees

driving a Hummer

texting while driving

wearing sunglasses indoors on purpose (especially with backwords baseball cap)

personalized license plates that say "DEEZ NUTS" (like on my brother's Audi)

having tattoos clearly picked from the wall of the tattoo parlor

using a super platinum rich guy credit card to buy a coffee and a doughnut

anyone who buys "Dr Dre Beats" headphones or "Snoop dogg" smoking accessories.

I could go on forever but my ponza rotta is ready.

>50 inch rims on your car that spin.
These won't spy on you, and unless you are a drugdealer, wont get you profiled in any significant way. But you are a drugdealer, and if you were considering, people knew you were stupid going in.

>Driving around with bass so loud the houses shake everywhere you go (though that's not "inaudible")
Not inaudible. Unless very low frequency. Which makes your house make the sound, sneaky.

>wearing a fedora
Only a 99.999% idiot rate here, not comparable.

>sagging pants around the knees
Pants up, don't loot! Presumably your pants are full of stolen iphones, so same same.

>driving a Hummer
Good vehicle, engine underpowered for anything but 50inch rims.

>texting while driving
Long term, this solves the problem. It brings other people into the equation, but it scales favourably.

>wearing sunglasses indoors on purpose (especially with backwords baseball cap)
Three strikes on this outing. Uncomplete without iphone, or assumed to also carry iphone.

>personalized license plates that say "DEEZ NUTS" (like on my brother's Audi)
Your brother is a good person. Clearly this is a mockery of audi drivers worldwide.

>having tattoos clearly picked from the wall of the tattoo parlor
Which is less stupid than the explanations usually given, which nobody wants to hear, also, see point above.

>using a super platinum rich guy credit card to buy a coffee and a doughnut
This works if everyone does it. Coffee and doughnut the man. Otherwise, indebting yourself is better than enslaving others.

>anyone who buys "Dr Dre Beats" headphones or "Snoop dogg" smoking accessories.
That is an apple product, but it was bad even before that. Don't see why Snoop Dogg wouldn't do this.

>I could go on forever but my ponza rotta is ready.
You had a pizza, then you folded it, and then you deep-fried it. Would you like an iphone with that?

What's up with the fedora thing? People don't really wear hats around here. I mainly see people wear them in gangster movies.

>I could go on forever but my ponza rotta is ready.
You had a pizza, then you folded it, and then you deep-fried it. Would you like an iphone with that?
Lol!
Already got one. :D

Don't knock the ponza until you've tried it. It's amazing.

That said, you make good points.

What's up with the fedora thing? People don't really wear hats around here. I mainly see people wear them in gangster movies.
It's a hipster thing.

The cell phone is truly the best thing for planned obsolescence ever.
I love how in a society where people preach being green they're getting a new phone every year.

But you'll gladly spend a few extra cents on your coffee to save the environment!!!

The feather is important, many people forget that.
So... do we want a feather shipped with the Pyra? Would look great while taco-talking. *Looks around...*

wearing sunglasses indoors on purpose (especially with backwords baseball cap)
I have a Pandora you insensitive clod! This means that at night, at lowest backlight intensity, I can fry my retinas if I do not use sunglasses (those that you use to watch a solar eclipse).

But you'll gladly spend a few extra cents on your coffee to save the environment!!!
Ahh... people with money! We had an empty PC case with a watercooker inside to get free boiled water to make tea and not pay 30 eurocent for a plastic cup with water-with-coffee-taste.

;)

>texting while driving
Long term, this solves the problem. It brings other people into the equation, but it scales favourably.
If you think that is bad... what about of mute people that talk while driving? Don't talk and drive!

See where I live, nobody within the peer circle /willfully/ pony up the dough for a phone, but especially an iPhone (either would have spent $200 or got it for $0* with the fine print). It's always on subsidized plan and they're stuck paying it off even if it breaks and becomes a potato for the next 2 years. People are smarter than that these days.

The other thing is that these devices have about plateaued in what you really need in them - the only single reason they've got a more powerful processor in them is to power a display that is more pixels than necessary for a 5" screen, and nobody's talking about VR either (still has aliasing). It doesn't matter if you want to believe something's obsolete in 4 months time (just incrementally at that), most people still see a device as an investment that they want to use for a few years (I mean, the Pandora and Pyra projects are living examples of this, although some phones have promised this, but failed their userbase/devs/XDA). My cousin still uses a flip phone that's 10 years old, newer iphone has broken on her more times than one can count on both hands while the "thing that's obsolete" keeps working.

I don't know why anybody would care for the following, I'll still leave it here just in case.

The only phone I've ever bought new, Galaxy Note 3, is now over four years old and still works perfectly.
It has Pixels, RAM and cores galore. It's nice and flat. It has an active digitizer. It has a removable battery. It has an IR blaster.
Would I not be stuck with Android, I'd call it perfect. Maybe the last good Note phone? Definitely a great used buy today.

I'm not a Samsung fan BTW, it is a company with despicable practices. There just are no (good) alternatives if you want a pocketable, digital drawing pad. Having said that I'd probably still use the old n900 if the charging port wasn't broken and the CPU would have more oomph.

I opted for the Jelly phone. Just arrived. Crammed with bloatware and a little slow, plus I'll probably go blind using it. But it's pretty great!

Back