Iphone 3gs

banjeed

Anyone else getting the new iPhone on friday? I'm thinking it should help tide me over til this contraption is released

nope, not me :)

also i think this belongs in other consoles, or off topic ^_^

*edit: 5th thread ;)

might get iphone or palm pre as my contract ends October on vodafone so just for the data im moving to o2 contract :D. bye bye sucky vodafone data limits

Nope, will never touch an iPhone.
Isn't that being a bit closed minded?
You really have to touch one in order to throw it across the room after being angered by the person using it in public. :p

I admit I actually touched one once, my mother had just bought her iPhone 3G, and I had to show her how to do an "Å" character with the on-screen keyboard. Never used an iPhone or iPod before, but I was successfull on first try.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shouldn't this be in the off-topic board?

I'll probably give the iphone a miss for now, as I've been put off after borrowing a friends iphone 3g and trying to type a text message. While some people don't have a problem with a touchscreen keyboard, I found it completely impossible to use. Other than that, however, it actually looks like quite a nice piece of machinery.
Palm Pre looks interesting too, with the advantage of having proper keys. Once the price drops a little, I might get it.

My friend has an iPod Touch.

I just don't see the point in buying something that's so restricted by default and such a pain to break. And the hardware is still crap even on jailbroken phones.

I'm holding out for something like a PC, where the manufacturer EXPECTS me to do anything at all with it. Like the Pandora, or something similar.

Plus, I already have a phone.

This topic doesn't belong in this forum at all...

But yes, I'll be getting one. I got an email this morning saying mine shipped from China already :eek:

I am actually moving from an iPhone 3G to the Samsung i8910. OMAP 3430 and 3.7 inch AMOLED capacitive display. Yes please.

I hope the store gets it in today.

Already got a 3G. So far the only thing compelling that the S offers that I don't already have is the letter "S" in the name... It's an S! How cool is that?

Stupid Apple have now caused grammar nazis the world over a massive headache... iPhone 3G in its plural form and iPhone 3Gs in its singular are the same, meaning we have to resort to using "iPhone 3G's" to mean multiple iPhone 3G's, which will bring all the wanna-be grammar nazis out of the woodwork.

I did get a new 13" MacBook Pro, though, it's the closest thing to a 12" PowerBook I've owned in a long time, and puts my 2007-2009 15" MacBook Pro to shame in terms of performance and build quality.

Call me when the iPhone 3Gs is both jailbreakable and a free upgrade to existing O2 iPhone 3G owners.

I am actually moving from an iPhone 3G to the Samsung i8910. OMAP 3430 and 3.7 inch AMOLED capacitive display. Yes please.

I'd be all over that one if it supported the 850MHz HSPA band. I don't see the point in spending that kind of money on a phone that won't do 3G where I live. This has been my problem with Android phones as well. I would have bought a G1 back when it came out if it not for its 3G radio, and now that Rogers has it, it's kind of out dated for the amount of money they want. And all the good upcoming Android phones (notably Samsung's, sensing a pattern here?) again only support 1700/2100. I get that Canada's a small market and all, but Nokia sees fit to release their phones on frequencies that are supported by AT&T and Rogers, even without carrier branding. Why doesn't anyone else?

Already got have a 3G. So far the only thing compelling that the S offers that I don't already have is the letter "S" in the name... It's an S! How cool is that?
Stupid Apple have has now caused grammar nazis the world over a massive headaches... iPhone 3G in its plural form and iPhone 3Gs in its singular are the same, meaning we have to resort to using "iPhone 3G's" to mean multiple iPhone 3G's, which will bring all the wanna-be grammar nazis out of the woodwork.

I did get a new 13" MacBook Pro, though, it's the closest thing to a 12" PowerBook I've owned in a long time, and puts my 2007-2009 15" MacBook Pro to shame in terms of performance and build quality.

Call me when the iPhone 3Gs is both jailbreakable and a free upgrade to existing O2 iPhone 3G owners.

Fix'd for grammar. Also, we prefer the term "grammar Nazi", since Nazi is a proper noun, which should be capitalized.

I'm sorry, I couldn't help myself.

On topic, the iPhone isn't worth the cost to me. I don't even use my normal cell phone very much.

I'd be all over that one if it supported the 850MHz HSPA band. I don't see the point in spending that kind of money on a phone that won't do 3G where I live. This has been my problem with Android phones as well. I would have bought a G1 back when it came out if it not for its 3G radio, and now that Rogers has it, it's kind of out dated for the amount of money they want. And all the good upcoming Android phones (notably Samsung's, sensing a pattern here?"] again only support 1700/2100. I get that Canada's a small market and all, but Nokia sees fit to release their phones on frequencies that are supported by AT&T and Rogers, even without carrier branding. Why doesn't anyone else?[/quote]You are absolutely right. I was actually worried that I would be able to get 3G on the device. But I am in NY and it's basically all ATT uses. Though they will be moving to 850, so I don't know exactly how it will fare when that happens.

But, the phone got delayed again. Next week, but I will be on vacation then. I can't seem to get my hands on an OMAP device.

Already got have a 3G. So far the only thing compelling that the S offers that I don't already have is the letter "S" in the name... It's an S! How cool is that?
Stupid Apple have has now caused grammar nazis the world over a massive headaches... iPhone 3G in its plural form and iPhone 3Gs in its singular are the same, meaning we have to resort to using "iPhone 3G's" to mean multiple iPhone 3G's, which will bring all the wanna-be grammar nazis out of the woodwork.

Fix'd for grammar. Also, we prefer the term "grammar Nazi", since Nazi is a proper noun, which should be capitalized.

I'm sorry, I couldn't help myself.

On topic, the iPhone isn't worth the cost to me. I don't even use my normal cell phone very much.

Technically, "have" instead of "has" is correct in British English, as Apple refers to a corporation, and thus numerous individuals. "Has" is proper in American English. However, the poster was from the UK, so his use of "have" was correct.

So there ;)

Technically, "have" instead of "has" is correct in British English, as Apple refers to a corporation, and thus numerous individuals. "Has" is proper in American English. However, the poster was from the UK, so his use of "have" was correct.
So there ;)

Aha! Your "so there" doesn't have a punctuation mark.

The grammar Nazi strikes again. :ph34r:

Back