Introduce yourself

I'm also curious about the demand for hightend levels of understanding. Have people died? What hint did I not get?

Guys... it's a speech pattern that does not translate well to English. You can paraphrase it as "Be kind to me". And also conveys respect to the greeted. (The recognition of veteran-ship (like the kohai/sempai)).

Greetings Earthlings. My name is λ and I am an agent of light. I am the ultimate agent of light. I was created to vanquish the darkness and bring light upon those who yearn for the justice that only true light brings. Those with evil in their being hide themselves in the darkness and shun the light so that their evil may go unnoticed. Those with justice in their being walk in the light with pride for they fear not that their actions will be exposed since their actions are those of justice. I vanquish the darkness and leave no room for injustice. My light exposes truth and will bring peace to those who are of just nature. However those who delight in unjust business will repent or perish under the purging force that is my light!

I VANQUISH THE DARKNESS
obviously you are a devil worshipper

Hi, I'm Ian living in the north west of england. I'm checking in from a hot off the press pyra and, oh yes, it is gurt lush. I was brought up attached to my Dad's 8085 SDK, ZX80, C64, Amiga 500, 386 etc. and piped that into applied math with linux sys admin work. I now try to make beautiful software to brighten up a noisy, industrial manufacturing company.

I also miss my Zaurus and early pocket PCs. It was nice sitting by the river with a PCMCIA 56K modem and Nokia phone dialed in to the 90's internet via a free 0800 telephone number. It's never been the same since.

For recent entertainment I got interested in 3D printing and hot swapping for a 60W laser head with full industrial safety interlocks (good practice for work). I'm daydreaming about the next project: maybe a peltier cooled docking station for the pyra with a replacement copper sheet section in the battery cover and copper finger to the usb port?

Hi, I'm Ian living in the north west of england. I'm checking in from a hot off the press pyra and, oh yes, it is gurt lush.
A scouse/manc and using west country slang? Or has the phrase travelled via some media I'm not aware of?
I also miss my Zaurus and early pocket PCs. It was nice sitting by the river with a PCMCIA 56K modem and Nokia phone dialed in to the 90's internet via a free 0800 telephone number. It's never been the same since.
Ah yeah, freeserve. The first big shaker for me was Demon Internet with its TAM offer, and since I was London-based back then I could dial in using local rate numbers, and then came freeserve. I hung on to Demon for a bit longer due to its news access, but I think I might have connected my dreamcast to a freeserve number, I forget now.

Hi, I'm Ian living in the north west of england. I'm checking in from a hot off the press pyra and, oh yes, it is gurt lush. I was brought up attached to my Dad's 8085 SDK, ZX80, C64, Amiga 500, 386 etc. and piped that into applied math with linux sys admin work. I now try to make beautiful software to brighten up a noisy, industrial manufacturing company.

For recent entertainment I got interested in 3D printing and hot swapping for a 60W laser head with full industrial safety interlocks (good practice for work). I'm daydreaming about the next project: maybe a peltier cooled docking station for the pyra with a replacement copper sheet section in the battery cover and copper finger to the usb port?
Welcome! Sounds pretty awesome, I’m equally looking forward to seeing what you come up with! :eek:
Would you mind adding your Pyra arrival details here: https://pyra-handheld.com/boards/threads/got-your-pyra-write-it-here-for-all.99375/ to help build up the picture?

Back