Introduce yourself

Discussion in 'Offtopic Discussions' started by Wally, Sep 8, 2012.

1. xnopasaranx

xnopasaranx Superbad!

@MrLimatex haha sounds a lot like the recent developments in my life. have been a geek all my life too and never knew what to do with myself. worked a lot of different jobs and crashed hard, then finally decided to give my passion a shot as a job. Now I am a happy adept programmer and work at a nice company with awesome tech stuff. too bad you weren't here two months ago already, or I would have buggered you with my cisco problems. I had a tank of an AP (Cisco Aironet 1252) and couldn't get it to work like I wanted it to. But now I switched to a ubiquiti AC pro and will never look back :D

MrLimatex likes this.
  2. LWFlouisa

LWFlouisa Newbie

Ah here it is.

I used to be a science fiction writer, though lately have drifted more into a magical realism direction. I had met some fellow writers in Chattanooga the other day, and they were confused when I mentioned a science fiction variant of Magic Realism.

I think it has to do with conflict of definitions of science fiction. Generally I mean a Post Modern Futuristic setting grimy and dirty, and polluted with neon light aesthetics. It turns out magical realism can be set anywhere.

I'm also a fan of anarcho-journalism, and a huge fan of Chris Hedges and Glynn Greenwald. (Green, not purple.)

Look forward to meeting people, and learning the ropes of gamedev.

FBnil and ClockworkCoder like this.
  3. levi

levi Still fresh, damnit!

Hard SF + magical realism == space opera, surely?

4. LWFlouisa

LWFlouisa Newbie

Depends on where the city is set I guess. In my context, I mean like while there are Computer Hackers (even almost exclusively) it's not immune to the same dreamlike quality that manifests in works like Haruki Murakami.

5. Coupo

Coupo Still Fresh

Hello to everyone.

As you can see: I am newly registered on this site.

I preordered my Pyra almost 500 ago and I followed the forum for almost 4 years. I like the discussions and banter that has happened so far and finely decided to be part of it. :D

So to start things: Why dose the keybord has the current layout? And how are twoMonth's? ;)

So long fellows.

rSl, FBnil, levi and 1 other person like this.
  6. Caine

Caine Hardcore Member

Hey @Coupo, so finally decided to stop lurking, eh? Welcome.

Two Months are two months, except when they aren't... When's that? I dunno, maybe in two months (tm) :)

levi likes this.
  7. Lazrhog

Lazrhog Member

Been a software developer for over 30 years. Member on this board since 2005 !! Written and released loads of games mainly for mobile. Followed emulation since before mame v0.1, back in the days of Sparcade :)

ible, rSl, ClockworkCoder and 2 others like this.