• Total voters

Nintendo

Nintendo Switch
Mine is slow af :(

Australia sucks :-||

Screenshot-2019-05-07-19-35-20-073-org-zwanoo-android-speedtest.png

What's yours like?

https://www.speedtest.net

Depends what you classify as "fast". My connection is perfectly capable of coping with streaming services at 1080p, and that's about all I need.

There are faster options available from my ISP, but it's frankly wasted money as it would give me no additional benefits (their tech support even told me so, which is one thing I liked about them)

If you want specifics, feel satisfied that your connection is much faster (23Mbps down / 9Mbps up).

20m / 3m not complaining at all because I remember the 80s and this is not that... and well it is to the magical "good enough" point for streaming media and browsing. The only time it's ever an issue is waiting for games and stuff to download. Vast majority of everything else appears almost instantaneous.

That's actually a 100/100 but looks like my company leaves a bit of room, no complaints on my part :oops:

speednettest201909.jpg

I'm actually close to the Amsterdam aorta... but got a cheap line.

So that's what a symmetric 1Gbps looks like.

But in your case you have two contracts, one with the ISP and another one with the FTTX provider, am I right? That's an interesting way of providing fibre in case the ISP has no infrastructure in place. I guess ISP fibre coverage in USA is quite limited.

This is good, right?
That zero ms ping is a bit too low (can you hear my envy? ;) ). You will always shoot first in First Person Shooters and you can do NASDAQ microtransactions and earn a lot of money.
And you can play streamed games at 120fps! nice!

It's not a very realistic test, though. Since my ISP also hosts one of the speedtest servers, it's basically just showing how fast I'm connecting to my ISP. If I connect to a server in, say Germany, I get 142ms ping with 330Mbps down and 216Mbps up.

So that's what a symmetric 1Gbps looks like.

But in your case you have two contracts, one with the ISP and another one with the FTTX provider, am I right? That's an interesting way of providing fibre in case the ISP has no infrastructure in place. I guess ISP fibre coverage in USA is quite limited.

Yeah I pay the fiber provider and ISP separately. It's like being back in the dial-up days.

Back