Internet For Caanoo

Rikku2000

I make the Links Web Browser for Caanoo now its finish and works fine.

Curently dont have Virtual Keyboard i will do att a Virtual Keyboard in
later version so this is the first one.

Here my Demo-Video:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBcDoaRUNG4[/youtube]

CAANOO Keys:
- [Touchscrren] - Mouse
- [UP] - Page Up
-
- Page Left
- [DOWN] - Page Donw
-
- Page Right
- [HOME] - Bookmarks
- [HOLD] - Back to CAANOO

Changelog: v1 - Build / 20100919
- Port Links to CAANOO
- Add Joystick Support

DOWNLOAD:
CAANOO Web Browser - v1 / build: 20100919
Archiv: openhandhelds.org

Have FUN!​

Looks great, works over USB network quite smoothly - really needs a keyboard though, that will make it even better ..

Now i working on Virtual Keyboard :p i curently can call it but i need to remap the Keys :p

Goood work Rikku2k!
Impressive, can't wait for the updates!

News About CWB!!!

New Interface and VKeyboard:
cwb-v2.jpg

the Update is in progress.

good news indeed :)
but why is the real keyboard input disabled? :S it works in all other programs (i.e. terminal, even the factory GUI can be used with it)

Thanks Rikku2000. Keep up the good work :)

torpor said:
Looks great, works over USB network quite smoothly - really needs a keyboard though, that will make it even better ..

Can you help me set up my caanoo to access the internet through the usb network thingy? I have given the caanoo an ip address 192.168.0.4, but how do i set up my linux machine to share the internet connection with the caanoo? My router runs a dhcp server, so my linux machine gets assigned something like 192.168.0.5.

I suspect i have to do something about route?

EDIT: I managed to get my caanoo online using this tutorial. However, i had a lot of trouble getting the caanoo to resolve domain names, till i realized that /etc/resolv.conf is a sumbolic link to /usr/ramfs/resolv.conf ... is it just me, or is your caanoo also set up like this? I solved it by adding

echo "nameserver 208.67.222.222" > /etc/resolv.conf

to my usbnet startup script. Is there a better way?

/Uni

Last edited by a moderator:
You should add an alias interface to your Linux box just for your Caanoo->Linux sub-network .. this is pretty easy to do, but it depends on your distribution. Just set up an alias ethernet adapter using your distro tools (google can help you here), and give it a completely different sub-net than the one assigned by your router - i.e. use 10.0.10.x for the Caanoo->Linux subnet, if your router is using 192.168.0.x .. and then give your Linux caanoo-eth alias device 10.0.10.1 and the Caanoo 10.0.10.2 .. or something like that.

EDIT: ninja'ed. Okay so you got it working, great! And yes, I would say that script addition is sensible ..

Thanks torpor. It was actually the "completely different sub-net" that was causing me the most grief. It messed up my internet connection. I also used a lot of time on the resolv.conf file. I didn't realize it got wiped when i reset. But all is running nicely now. Only thing i need to learn now is to share my internet connection using ip forwarding and iptables, routes and whatnot. But that is for another day. Right now i just clicked a checkmark in firestarter hehe...

I'm using Jolicloud on my eeepc 901. It is an old old version which breaks more and more every day. Currently, i cannot access windows shares, it won't mount my wiz and caanoo through usb cable etc. I'm gonna try some other distro someday... someday :)

Ok, now for some multiplayer coding shenanigans...

Waiting on the soft keyboard upgrade! Boy this is really developing into a 1st rate gaming device!

hi rikku 2000; there are new updates to the browser? :rolleyes:

I actually like this links browser its works pretty good for most basic surfing, even just a cut and paste feature would allow the possibility to surf more effectively. Although a virtual keyboard would be nice. and an unzip feature to install downloaded apps etc..

kayuz said:
hello rikku 2000; there are new updates to the browser? :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually like this links browser its works pretty good for most basic surfing, even just a cut and paste feature would allow the possibility to surf more effectively. Although a virtual keyboard would be nice. and an unzip feature to install downloaded apps etc..
is Rikku2000 work on this or it's abandoned?
if he isn't working on this, he can release the source for us... :rolleyes: for work on this

Back