International Text Messages

A_SN

There's something weird I've found out, I'm on Vodafone Ireland, and there are some people in the USA/Canada that I can send text messages to but when they try to reply it doesn't deliver, and other people my text messages won't be delivered to but I can receive their messages.

Has anyone else experienced that before?

Yes, it seems to be options on there account. I can't send a text message internationally as its not enabled, but I can receive them. If I leave the UK however, I can't receive texts from the UK, but I can from other countries. I also can't send messages whilst I'm not in the UK. Reply is the same as sending.

Squidge said:
Yes, it seems to be options on there account. I can't send a text message internationally as its not enabled, but I can receive them. If I leave the UK however, I can't receive texts from the UK, but I can from other countries. I also can't send messages whilst I'm not in the UK. Reply is the same as sending.
Weird, so, I can send text messages to the USA but not Canada? That doesn't make any sense to me..

Last edited by a moderator:
How are you sending the numbers.. I remember if I was in Australia I had to prefix 001144, in NZ its 0044, from the US it was something like 01144 for the UK etc.. probably its the prefix and a simple '+' at the beginning of the number is probably not working(??)

lizard808uk said:
How are you sending the numbers.. I remember if I was in Australia I had to prefix 001144, in NZ its 0044, from the US it was something like 01144 for the UK etc.. probably its the prefix and a simple '+' at the beginning of the number is probably not working(??)
I use the +, and actually I just hit the reply button.

Yeah texts arrive with the international code already on the number.

A_SN: Where abouts in Ireland are you from?

finty said:
Yeah texts arrive with the international code already on the number.

A_SN: Where abouts in Ireland are you from?
I'm not from Ireland, I'm from France, I just moved here last Wednesday. And I'm in Centre Dublin.

The mystery isn't quite solved tho...

Vodafone IRL Operator took your phone connection ?
and reply does reply based on your phone-book contacts without adding the + or international codes

euro48k said:
Vodafone IRL Operator took your phone connection ?
and reply does reply based on your phone-book contacts without adding the + or international codes
No. All my contacts are properly entered with the + and all that

Back