Pandora won't start anymore

Peter Wade

Still Fresh
My Pandora arrived yesterday and it worked fine then. I went through the setup, put some apps on an SD card, shut it down and restarted it a few times and it was all working great. I shut it down propertly but when I switched it on this morning it wouldn't start.

It goes through the "booting the kernal" stage with the logo and progress bar but instead of going to the login screen it just comes up with a page of text. This has messages saying plugins have loaded, it has started the PND Daemon and other stuff. The only things that look like error messages are two messages saying "open /dev/fb0: No such file or directory". After this it doesn't do anything else. I can type stuff on the keyboard and it appears on the screen but that's all, pressing enter just does a newline, it doesn't act as a command.

I have taken out the SD card. I have tried the Pandora Button + Power button reset and I have taken out the battery to let it do a full power on reset but these have no effect. Is there anything else I can try or should I send it back as faulty?

Might take a while to boot up the first time after the initial setup.did you wait long enough?sounds like software problem to me.a full reflash with the latest firmware should solve your problems.

Yeah, reflash.

I suspect the guys who flash from the factory have a not-so-good card (e.g. not a SanDisk Extreme).

Thanks everyone. Re-flashing fixed the problem.

Just in case I set it to 1GHz this time instead of 1.1. Maybe I should be more cautious adding apps. I didn't deliberatly write anything to the built in memory but perhaps one of the apps I ran did. I'll take it slower this time, install one app at a time and use each one for a while to check for side effects.

Back