Initial setup wifi problems

Basically same here.

Arrived on yesterday morning. It's awesome, gorgeous (in it's own geeky way) and exactly what I was hoping it would be.

But... Wifi problems. Dmesg shows the same as the others that have been posted (h/w is fine) Scanning only occasionally finds a network or three (normally none, rarely mine - other devices find about 12). Attempting to join my network if it does appear, it just keeps spinning forever. Tried two acces points, both WPA2, have reflashed. Haven't tried the other driver yet - next on my list of things to try, but the SNES emulator keeps distracting me ;)

Hmmm... After more fiddling, I'm at least getting something - now, if I do 'coonect to hidden network', and specify my SSID, it attempts to connect, but always bounces me back to the wifi password box. Any suggestions?

Hmmm... After more fiddling, I'm at least getting something - now, if I do 'coonect to hidden network', and specify my SSID, it attempts to connect, but always bounces me back to the wifi password box. Any suggestions?

Exactly the same thing here, making my SSID hidden and using the connect to hidden network constantly reverts back to the password box. This is the same whether I use the keyring or not.

the same..... and what is most scary is that most of the time dont detect any neigbour...

i just came from the office, there neither.

i hate this.... i would hate to need to send... cause the post system in spain (correos) is a real crap. You just need to see how many people say by internet that the workers steal pakets... and the company is only responsable of the 10% of the value...

Hmm... Odd that we seem to have recieved at the same time and are having the exact same problem. Maybe wifi chip slight revision change or something with this batch of boards?

Hmm... Odd that we seem to have recieved at the same time and are having the exact same problem. Maybe wifi chip slight revision change or something with this batch of boards?

I was already thinking this since yesterday, but am still clinging to the hope that 'we' can sort this out without having to RMA.

Oh, absolutely. Hoping it's just some driver tweaking that's required.

yep.... i would like to know if they changed something.... cause maybe is true, and it only need a small tweaking. cause it is strange, that it detect as working.... but doesnt work...

it can happen as it happened many times to me with the supply power of the computers, if you check them, many times they show that are working, but in the moment that they need to work, they doesnt work.... cause is not the same to test them with low power... that work with high... (with the wifi i mean that the software says that it is ok, but in the moment that it need to work, it doesnt)

if something changed could be nice to know.... before we get crazy :p

It's a bit of a 'relief' to hear the news about the chips as I was really starting to pull my hair out. I'd just finished installing wicd when I noticed Craig's post. This was also giving me the same results of course, but I at least could see in the logs that no connection's were being made.

Back