Ad-hoc wifi support

batfastad

Hi everyone

Had my Pandora for about a week now and still getting things set up the way I'd like. I know there have been various problems with the onboard wifi over the years but is ad-hoc connections one of the things that doesn't work?

I'm trying to create an ad-hoc connection to a network camera and it works from my PC but not from my Pandora. I've even tried having an open ad-hoc network (no WEP/WPA). I've got a static IP configured on both ends and the network appears connected in the task bar but I can't ping the destination.

I've spent about 3 hours mucking around then thought I better check here in case I'm wasting my time.

Does ad-hoc work on SuperZaxxon 1.52 (latest and final)?

Code:
$ uname -a
Linux XXXXXX-openpandora 3.2.30 #699 Tue Oct 16 03:07:33 EEST 2012 armv7l GNU/Linux

If ad-hoc does not work, is there any way to "persuade" it?

Or any hope for the future?

Cheers, B

Last edited by a moderator:
unfortunately no adhoc support yet, i think it will be supported in next os version?

Hopefully it will. I am also longing for "adhoc"- and "master"-modes. The later for using the Pandora as a hotspot.

Ok that's great. Well, it's not great. But it's great that I assumed that it wasn't supported and moved on.

I'd love to see ad-hoc support in the future.

Back