Initial Setup Walkthrough

zimsjim

Still Fresh
hi all....

Caanoo should be here tomorrow in the mail.

I have downloaded some emulators, etc to be ready to roll. My question is, do i need to also download Firmware? If so, which one?

Is there an order i need to download things in? Any other things I need to make sure I have ready>?

Thanks!

zimsjim said:
hi all....

I have downloaded some emulators, etc to be ready to roll. My question is, do i need to also download Firmware? If so, which one?

Is there an order i need to download things in? Any other things I need to make sure I have ready>?

Thanks!

There are currently 2 versions of the firmware, you can install. The first is 1.0.6 Beta and the second 1.5.0.
1.5.0 is not a beta firmware and should be more compatible with various WiFi-Sticks, but 1.0.6 seems to be faster in some programs, so many people prefer this version. It's up to you, which one you install, first I would check, which one is installed, if you already have 1.5.0, I wouldn't necessary downgrade, unless I am not satisfied with the performance.
If you have 1.0.1 (the original firmware), you should always upgrade, because overclocking doesn't work in this version and the touch controls are eating up more ressources, then in the other versions. In general 1.0.1 is slower then 1.0.6 and 1.5.0
The emulators can be copied in the folder GAME, which is created, when you first boot up the Caanoo with a card inserted and enter the GAME menu. Copy the folder with the emulator AND the .ini file into the GAME folder and it should be shown in the menu of the Caanoo. Everything else stands in the Readme files of each program.
Have fun with your Caanoo

Last edited by a moderator:
CKeichel said:
zimsjim said:
hi all....

Thanks!

The emulators can be copied in the folder GAME, which is created, when you first boot up the Caanoo with a card inserted and enter the GAME menu. Copy the folder with the emulator AND the .ini file into the GAME folder and it should be shown in the menu of the Caanoo. Everything else stands in the Readme files of each program.
Have fun with your Caanoo

sorry, but what is a .ini file?
And the emulators and games- does it matter what type of file they are?

thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
The ini file is the file, that comes with the emulator, if you use Windows with default settings, you won't see the ini extender, it's the file with the little gear on the paper page icon. The emulators and games come ready to launch, you don't have to worry about the filetype. For the roms of the emulators, refer to the readme files.

Back