Just Ordered My Caanoo - Now What? :)

zimsjim

Still Fresh
so I caved and order the Caanoo from Thinkgeek. So, should get it in a few days....

What do I do in the meantime? Do i download the emulators and ROMS i want to my laptop and then transfer them or is that not the way to do it?

Also, i assume emulators are device specific, but what about ROMS or MAMEs? Do i need to find Caanoo specific ones or do any really "work" with the Caaanoo?

you can go to openhandhelds and download the emulators and apps there and check their readme files to answer some of your questions. or you can search and read up on things on this forum. you will be transfering files from your computer to your caanoo so it is a good idea to download what you want onto it now. another good site to look into is newsweez on caanoo/wiz news.

blues2 said:
you can go to openhandhelds and download the emulators and apps there and check their readme files to answer some of your questions. or you can search and read up on things on this forum. you will be transfering files from your computer to your caanoo so it is a good idea to download what you want onto it now. another good site to look into is newsweez on caanoo/wiz news.

in hopes of not sounding like a total idiot....ahem....errrr..... what is firmware and do i need to download that too? :unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:
For MAME and NeoGeo, you should download the rom packs that are designed for the Caanoo, I don't know where they are but I'm sure Google has the answers. If you just download them from any old rom site, they might not work; arcade games are an absolute nightmare for compatibility. :rolleyes:

With SNES, Megadrive etc. you can just use roms from anywhere. And yes, you download them to your PC and then drag and drop onto the Caanoo. I guess you could just download them straight onto the Caanoo but there isn't a flashy app store or anything, if I were you I'd download all the games you want while you're waiting, so when the device arrives you can jump right in. :)

Firmware is the internal software that the Caanoo runs (kind of like the Operating System and internal functions of the game).

Back