Need Help Setting Up Please!

jboss25

Still Fresh
Ok I just got my caanoo. And I already loaded up the top downloaded web browser, nes emulator, mame emulator, gba emulator, and pico emulator.

I want to know how and if i should download the firmware i see. does anyone know a site where i can download the right roms for these emulators and can someone explain to me the whole overclocking and stuff. I have no idea what that means. any help would be great. thanks.

To add a side note Ill tell you which ones i downloaded.

gpsp (gba emulator)
links (web browser)
mame4all (mame emulator)
nesgp2x (nes emulator)
PicoDrive (pico emulator)

idk if those are the right ones for caanoo and also where to get the roms. thanks again for the help.

hm ok i figured out how to edit. but a few other things how do you find the update firmware and install it. then you basically lost me in your second paragraph about overclocking in the programs and stuff. what is ohboy? and lastly how do i put the roms in mame? there was no rom folder?

i know this may seem like a stupid question but what is cps2 emulator? is it capcom vs marvel or something or what exactly?

jboss25 said:
Ok I just got my caanoo. And I already loaded up the top downloaded web browser, nes emulator, mame emulator, gba emulator, and pico emulator.

I want to know how and if i should download the firmware i see. does anyone know a site where i can download the right roms for these emulators and can someone explain to me the whole overclocking and stuff. I have no idea what that means. any help would be great. thanks.

You should always keep the firmware up to date, newer versions usually fix bugs, version 1.06 enables Wiz overclocking (more below) and improves general performance (by raising the system clock to 133 MHz), additionally the joystick routines are better now, navigation in OhBoy's menus isn't so hard any more, last but not least the touchscreen routines are rewritten, so they don't eat up so much ressources when in use.

Overclocking can't be done via the Caanoo menu, the program has to support it, since the Caanoo is very much like the Wiz, many Emulators and Games are ported from that device, some of them (like Mame4All) support overclocking. Since Firmware 1.06 the overclocking can be done on the program level the same way as on the Wizso it should work, to port this routines straight to the Caanoo. You can manually adjust the clockspeed in Mame4All to try it, mine goes up to 760 MHz before locking up. Note, that in Zx's Emulators, the clockspeed function is available in the menu, but isn't enabled, so changing it there results in no change in clockspeed.

The only rom site, that is allowed to link here is PDRoms. All other links to rom sites are against the rules of the forum.

PS: You don't have to post again in a thread, you can always expand your post by clicking on the edit button.

Last edited by a moderator:
i posted the edit but it doesnt update it so i just put this up now. sorry if its annoying.

Back