In2x V0.2a Released

nemesis112

Still Fresh
Website
tonsomo.roguegunners.com
I've fixed most of the issues, the colour problem that plagued a few games should be gone and choosing a game should be more stable. There is still an occasional crash when you change game whilst in the middle of playing another one, i'm trying to track that down at the moment.

I've also made it so that it doesn't need to boostrap off of game.bin, it'll now simply go straight to the main menu.

Overclocking is currently disabled, i'm not convinced i'm doing it correctly - but I did a few tweaks and it should be less jerky now.
[CUT]
Cheers....

Jonn

Download: In2x v0.2a[/CUT]

I've fixed most of the issues, the colour problem that plagued a few games should be gone and choosing a game should be more stable. There is still an occasional crash when you change game whilst in the middle of playing another one, i'm trying to track that down at the moment.

I've also made it so that it doesn't need to boostrap off of game.bin, it'll now simply go straight to the main menu.

Overclocking is currently disabled, i'm not convinced i'm doing it correctly - but I did a few tweaks and it should be less jerky now.
[CUT]
Cheers....

Jonn

Download: In2x v0.2a[/CUT]
Great EMU John,I'm guessing the rom folder has a limit to the amount of roms you can add? I just put in almost all Intel roms and In2X won't seem to boot up now.Is there an exact limit or is this a new issue to address.

Best Regards,
Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool will try later tonight.

The stretched full screen mode gives some rippling because of the un-even fractional scaling resolution. Could you also add a mode where the pixels were doubled (not doubled+alternate trippled like now)
at an even 2:1? It tends to look nicer. (for example the ladders in Burger time are un-even now)

If you implement a 2:1 mode you will get a small border on the bottom of the screen. This will be perfect to put an on-screen Intellivision keypad. A hotkey could be pressed to pause the emu and redirect input to the keypad at the bottom. After you select the keypad input you would go back to emulation. If using "fit" mode it would use the standard overlay like now.

Do you know that the GP2X has an 8-switch (16 way) joystick? The Intellivision had that too. It would be cool to do a direct 16 way control like a real Intellivision rather than just 8.

Thanks for the great work here.

Chris: No damn you that would be a new bug :)

DaveC: Working on the 16 way control now, I also like the 2:1 idea, so that's on the list too. There is in fact a virtual keypad - it's just that I used someone else's, and I haven't integrated it properly - it you hit the start button at exactly the right speed :D it pops up - it just doesn't work very well.

:lol: Great work, always crash but is better =D

i have made a list of GAMES wich DON'T WORK

congo bongo
defender
demon attack
digdug
diner
pacman
pole position
super pro decatlon
super pro football
tower of doom
venture
world championship baseball

The emu load only .BIN?

:lol: Great work, always crash but is better =D

i have made a list of GAMES wich DON'T WORK

congo bongo
defender
demon attack
digdug
diner
pacman
pole position
super pro decatlon
super pro football
tower of doom
venture
world championship baseball

The emu load only .BIN?
ops SUPER PRO VOLLEYBALL :p

hmmm, it *should* work with both int and bin, have you tried just renaming the int's to bin? You shouldn't have to do it - but I remember someone else mentioning that this worked.

If it does then it sounds like i've mucked up the loading routine somehow.

Quick report:

Bomb Squad isn't recognized by the menu (it plays fine on my PC BLISS emu; same file) ... it's a .bin; otherwise, looks and plays very good thus far :) Thanks!

BIG improvement! Beauty and the Beast still does not work, but I was able to load Donkey Kong without effort. Sounds and looks nice! With a little tweaking and repair of compatibility issues, this emulator is going to be another big one. Excellent job man!

DaveC: Working on the 16 way control now, I also like the 2:1 idea, so that's on the list too. There is in fact a virtual keypad - it's just that I used someone else's, and I haven't integrated it properly - it you hit the start button at exactly the right speed :D it pops up - it just doesn't work very well.

Here is what I was thinking for the emu when running in 2:1 pixel doubled mode (not fit). You could have keys at the bottom like this to select the numbers and the clear/enter. You could have it stay or dissappear when not in use. Use scroll wrap to make navigation faster. For example if you are at 0 and want to get to 4 you could just press left twice instead of right 4 times.

You can actually use this image if you want for the key images etc. If you wanted I could also clean up and make the logo look better later as i just threw it together quick (the keys will stay the same though). You can use this for now though it is functional. It is only 8-bit 256 colors (less actually) so lots of flexibility as it isn't a color hog.

intellivision.png

Do you know that the GP2X has an 8-switch (16 way) joystick? The Intellivision had that too. It would be cool to do a direct 16 way control like a real Intellivision rather than just 8.
The Intellivision was a 16 switch joystick, not 8 switch. This is why in the emulator it refers to N, NNE, NE, NEE, E, etc for directions...
Keeping the emulator configurable as it is at the moment is fine; 8 way works fine anyway.

The Intellivision was a 16 switch joystick, not 8 switch. This is why in the emulator it refers to N, NNE, NE, NEE, E, etc for directions...
Keeping the emulator configurable as it is at the moment is fine; 8 way works fine anyway.

That is 16 WAY not switch for Intellivision, it had 8 switches just like the GP2X, combinations gave it 16 directions ;)

Back