In the news

Re: Public coverage and news.

Agreed it is not *yet* a success, but it is a sales success. There are various companies that will be impressed.

Don't forget this thing sold 2800 in 6 hours, for an unseen product with no real marketing effort. Not bad.

jellmoo said:
God Ginrai said:
Next time you make a mistake, I'll be sure to act like a complete douche, so you can get your bearings on what is being a total ass, and what isn't, since obviously you don't understand the difference. I could have flamed you for doing what you did, seeing how bad of a problem this was on GP32X.

-God Ginrai

Or, and here's a crazy and wacky thought, you could have either:

A) Tried being polite in pointing out a separate thread already exists.

-=0r=-

B) Ignored the thread altogether.

But okay... I will admit I was wrong and should have searched harder. I am sorry. I will endeavor to search harder for existing threads in the future.

Hey, I apologize if I was harsh, it's just that after going from Transfans (where everyone just used the search function without a second thought) to the Gaming Universe (the total opposite) to GP32X, (where they tried to uphold the same forum ideals that the original forums I started at had) I've become really passionate about that one GP32X mantra. I didn't realize how great it was to have a place where people didn't post the same thing over again and didn't double post, until I went to a place where that was a problem. So, those 2 things (searching and double posting) can arouse some rude remarks from me.

I am glad that you will endeavor to search harder next time. ;) And once again, I apologize for being harsh. No hard feelings?

-God Ginrai

Nightwind0 said:
It's up on Gizmodo now toohttp://gizmodo.com/5058535/pandoras-nintendo-ds-on-steroids-will-be-out-for-the-holidays

But they incorrectly imply that there will ONLY be 3,000 made EVER, instead of just the first batch.. At least on the front page thats what it says.
Hm... I made a post in the comments section of the Gizmodo article at around 3:30pm EST today, and at around 5:00pm, I checked back and my post appears to have been deleted. I said nothing offensive, just that the Pandora will be capable of emulating older systems.

So, aside from poor fact checking ("only 3000 units planned") and biased journalism ("Obviously, it's not going to be a hit"), Gizmodo also partakes in censoring inoffensive user comments?

Well, that's the last time I'm visiting Gizmodo.

TaG said:
Agreed it is not *yet* a success, but it is a sales success. There are various companies that will be impressed.

Don't forget this thing sold 2800 in 6 hours, for an unseen product with no real marketing effort. Not bad.
I thought it was 2000 in 6 hours?

TyBO! said:
So, aside from poor fact checking ("only 3000 units planned") and biased journalism ("Obviously, it's not going to be a hit"), Gizmodo also partakes in censoring inoffensive user comments?
it's really funny, but they do seem to have some sort of bias against pandora. first they virtually ignored it, now they try to discourage their readers with hand-picked half-truths and censored comments. i even remember that sometime earlier (it may have been when the preorder date was announced), there was a short neutral or maybe even slightly positive gizmodo article on pandora - which then disappeared without a trace after a short while. as if maybe some intern had thought it was an interesting story, and then someone else didn't think so.

but why? does it have to do with one of their sponsors? or with their relationship to engadget - who seem to be rather enthusiastic about pandora? or maybe some personal grudge? odd...

Chip said:
bartleby said:
or with their relationship to engadget - who seem to be rather enthusiastic about pandora?
There it is.
so you think it's gizmodo thinking of pandora as something like engadget's pet - and trying to poison it?

that's so childish...

Kyosys said:
You guys are conspiracy theorists
i'm not suggesting some kind of conspiracy. all i'm saying is that both engadget and gizmodo seem to be biased in their coverage of pandora. engadget's bias is positive, gizmodo's seems to be negative. as for the reasons, one can only speculate.

but i know that i prefer engadget's bias :)

bartleby said:
so you think it's gizmodo thinking of pandora as something like engadget's pet - and trying to poison it?

that's so childish...
There is a lot of bad blood between the two sites, and this wouldn't be the first time that one of them took the opposite stance on a story just because it was opposite of the other.

PoisonedV said:
Did you ever expect the 'gaming media' to be unbiased?
I thought they covered tech while kotaku and joystiq were gaming.
and i hoped they could be, at the very least to a manageable degree.
Actually attacking someone else's website would be a ridiculous amount of bias IMHO.

roflwaffles said:
Actually attacking someone else's website would be a ridiculous amount of bias IMHO.
we weren't talking about those alleged ddos attacks. only about biased news coverage and what might be reasons for it...

Back