Improving Uae4All's Compatiblitiy

MiniSinisterMinister

A lot of games run quite well. However, there are some games which have a certain graphical glitch that looks the same in every game that is affected e.g. Lionheart, Kid Chaos, Leander, Flashback. Is there a way to avoid the glitch? I mean you can choose a 68k core, refresh rate and resolution before the emulator starts. Do some choices make the glitch go away?

Yes, some settings improve performance. Trying a all different engines, different kickstarts (though mostly 1.2 is needed,), changing ram, turning on/off ham-emulation, pal/ntsc might change something. Also different disc-versions of the game might make a difference. I will try the games you meantioned, if i find the time later.

Just a quick note:

Kid Chaos works with the cyclone-engine. At least no glitches could be found in the first level.
Leander didn't show glitches with cyclone and ham-emulation off, but sprite-collision didn't work.
No luck with Lionheart so far. The only (un)'playable' setup still shows lots of glitches.
Flashback only tested short. No setup so far.

Maybe different versions work.

Unless someone improves P-UAE or E-UAE for the pandora the dream of a proper amiga emulator on the pandora is lost. uae4all just doesnt cut it for me, too incompatible and missing way too many features. Basic a500 with no hard drive and shoddy compatibility just inst good enough in my opinion.

That's curious because the only games that I found to be incompatible with Pandora's UAE4all were Zool 1 and Rainbow Islands. All other games worked. For Lotus III and a few other games you need the "for AGA fixed version" in order for them to load properly and Flashback, Lionheart and Leander have graphical glitches (Kid Chaos runs properly with cyclone). And that's all in terms of incompatibilites! I also don't think that harddrive emualtion is absolutely nessecary. Only some games support harddrive installation natively (mostly "DOS games" which you do not need to play on an Amiga emulator anyway) and using whdload seems to me a hassle because you need a loader file that is specifically written for your version of the game. So you would have to search for loaders and game versions all over again. No thanks.

My wish list for UAE4all is a short one:

- fix graphical glitches in the four games mentioned above
- scanline options should be saved
- include an option for faster load times and make also non-AGA-fixed version work

then go on to Amiga 1200 emulation :=)

MiniSinisterMinister said:
That's curious because the only games that I found to be incompatible with Pandora's UAE4all were Zool 1 and Rainbow Islands. All other games worked. For Lotus III and a few other games you need the "for AGA fixed version" in order for them to load properly and Flashback, Lionheart and Leander have graphical glitches (Kid Chaos runs properly with cyclone). And that's all in terms of incompatibilites! I also don't think that harddrive emualtion is absolutely nessecary. Only some games support harddrive installation natively (mostly "DOS games" which you do not need to play on an Amiga emulator anyway) and using whdload seems to me a hassle because you need a loader file that is specifically written for your version of the game. So you would have to search for loaders and game versions all over again. No thanks.

My wish list for UAE4all is a short one:

- fix graphical glitches in the four games mentioned above
- scanline options should be saved
- include an option for faster load times and make also non-AGA-fixed version work

then go on to Amiga 1200 emulation :=)

as soon as I can have Supercars 2 working I'll be a happy chap, and wings of fury

Last edited by a moderator:
john4p said:
sparkymark said:
as soon as I can have Supercars 2 working I'll be a happy chap, and wings of fury
Super Cars II (1991)(Gremlin)[cr HP][f AGA](Disk * of 2) works fine.
For Wings of Fury any ADF works fine.

UAE4All Compatibility List

WHHHAATTTTTTT!! I shall be checking that tonight - my copies must be messed up maybe

Last edited by a moderator:
Back