GP2X Improve Gmenu2x Skins Support

* Defining the number of sections displayed at one time in the top bar and enlarging the png for the sections so that they take the full space of the section.
No enlarge needed. You can let the image untouched, only load in center of its section. We will define the width of this image. Or make it always of 320px and we will use the alpha channel.

* Moving skin related config options in a skin config file (e.g. the colors that are now defined in gmenu2x.conf)
perfect :)

Will it be possible to define the size for manual_indicator.png? 8px is so tiny than to create something visible inside is a problem... maybe 12px max.

It was also really fast to implement :p
I know why is cheap xD :p

Loading the image in center position seems the same, at least in theory, but in practice there's the probability of some rounding error, so you might find that the image ends up being placed with a 1px offset.
Anyway we'll test and see if that's the case.

The offset pixel is not a big problem. I can compensate making the image width with pairs pixels or impairs... or use a column or a row with alpha pixel in first position or in last. Or doing the image borders diffuse...

Ryo posted on Dec 12 2006 at 10:55 AM said:
So you think that I should remove the blinking or the info icon?
How about if you just have a transparent overlay at the top right hand side of the icons?
That would be enough to show there's more info there & it could change colour with the theme setup :)

Or if your going to go with the roll over type effects on the icons, you can have the corner of the icon roll down a little as if it's peeling off to show something underneath.

Last edited by a moderator:
Perhaps rather than alter the appearance of people's icons, or overlay things next to them etc, an icon or note could appear in the status bar or elsewhere on the screen on 'rollover' to an icon for a GPE with a readme. This would be the same consistent place, like how the text description appears if present - that way it leaves people's icons untouched...

®

Again a graphic to see the concept:

The info icon in 12px is more visible.
The selection png for section is a thematic background.

And how would you handle user made sections?

A "user made" thematic bg xD xD. No, a default and generic png as the icons. Or none. Or If you implement a "select topbar bg" option... the user can repeat bg for other sections...
How many sections should create usually the normal user? ¿1, 2 ,3 max?

Is this useful? ... I think this is a way to do the bar more funny and less monotone. and those pngs dont disturb or adds weight. Even you can leave the option for ignoring the section icon (or do a trnasparent icon) and do a skin that works with this bg section only...

pedator posted on Dec 12 2006 at 02:03 AM said:
Hi fusion_power. :) you have a exquisite taste xD :p
Hehe, I know, what is good xD
And my crazy ideas spin even around (skinnable) Games in Liquido-Style :p Imagine something like TileMatch or Flobo Puio or Ntris with your Skin ;)

Uh, and I could need a nice "EMULATORS" -section Icon in Liquido-Style for My Gmenu ;)

I like the Ideas here with all the Eye-Candy-Stuff for the Gmenu. But don't forget, that the Menu should be quick run even at 100MHz. ^^ Maybe we need the MMU-Hack soon for the Gmenu? :lol:

Imagine something like TileMatch or Flobo Puio or Ntris with your Skin
I dont need imagine tilemacth liquidized... if i can play it :p I love this game, and i did its liquido skin, but the results was not as good as i wanted. Maybe i need working more in it... meanwhile i'm working in icons of new animals for the game... B) in a skin replacement that i will call something like zooplus... or something similar. Not liquidized this time. :lol:

pedator posted on Dec 12 2006 at 07:30 PM said:
Imagine something like TileMatch or Flobo Puio or Ntris with your Skin
I dont need imagine tilemacth liquidized... if i can play it :p I love this game, and i did its liquido skin, but the results was not as good as i wanted. Maybe i need working more in it... meanwhile i'm working in icons of new animals for the game... B) in a skin replacement that i will call something like zooplus... or something similar. Not liquidized this time. :lol:
Interesting. :) When you are satisfied with your work, let us see it. ^^

Yes, I also wanted to make some kind of new style for Tilematch but without Animals, maybe with this "gems" from "Super Puzzle Fighter 2" but I noticed, that the ugly red background of the game couldn't be changed. ^^"""" And the changed tiles only are not enough I think.

I want to reassure everyone on the matter of gmenu2x becoming too heavy and slowing down.
This features we are talking about *could* possibly slow down a bit (I wouldn't talk about big slowdowns) but only depending on the skins used.
The standard layout won't change a bit.

Back