I'm Learning C!!!!!!!!

Didnt see what you made, but congratulations on learning C; I'm sure if you keep up on it you'll get good. Starting anything young is always an advantage

I'm 14 so I am hoping to get a head start for when I study computer programming. It must take ages and ages and ages to so something like a game even tetris. Where can I get the gp32 SDK?

I'm 14 so I am hoping to get a head start for when I study computer programming. It must take ages and ages and ages to so something like a game even tetris. Where can I get the gp32 SDK?
Tetris is surprisingly complex if you think about it. Not just the game, but the making of it too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tetris is nasty. You'd need a 3x4 collision matrix, rotated and offset, checked against the current stack of shapes. Oh, and doing the thing where the brick slides into place, but then you slide it along a bit and it keeps falling, is annoying to code as well.

So many words :unsure: I am only on lesson 3. I can just about start to use all these variables and floats and stuff. What extra stuff needs to be put into code to have it on the gp32? I know clock speed and stuff but is there a site with the sytax for all of these ans I learn from messing about with the exampless on sites.
NOTE TO SELF: When I have learn't c and c++ never try to make a tetris clone.

I will search google for sdk.

Over summer I'm going to look into learning C++, it seems I won't be learning much C at college next year after all so its the only way.
Anyway, what on earth is that thing supposed to do? It doesn't work.

I ordered a C book yesterday, but its going to take 4 weeks :(
lol I was about to get mine tonight. But know convineintly my Dad says I have to wait tfor the Summer Holidays. So i don't fuck up on my school work. Oh well I'll get it done/. :p
thank fuck for online tutorials.

Last edited by a moderator:
Extract both files into a folder and run the bat file. It saves you having to go into dos so I did it through a bat file. I have one now that tells you what game to play on your gp 32 each day of the week! I just don't know how to make it know which day of the week it is.

Back