Igp32 V1.2 For Mac Os X Released

Discussion in 'News zone' started by kounch, Aug 6, 2007.

1. kounch

kounch Still Fresh

Hi
    after a long time thinking that there was a maclink USB problem with Intel Macs, which made iGP32 not work, i have found that it really was a bug in iGP32 code, which showed a 'fake' USB error when the app was launched from a directory with strange characters or spaces in its path.

This is the new version, with the bug fixed (i hope) and some corrections to make it compile OK with XCode 2.4.1.

I have only tested on PPC (G4) and Intel with the latest OS X version, but it should work with anything older than OS X 10.2.8.

You can download it from the official page:

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=135958

As usual, bug reports can be sent at the offical project web site on sourceforge:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=add&a...amp;atid=734512

Regards
    kounch

Tags:
  2. DRK

DRK Member

I dont have an Mac, but i still want to thank you for not forgetting the GP32! :D gp32_console

3. Vimacs

Vimacs Don't be evil!

wow, nice to see that someone is still doing something for the good old gp32, much appreciated!

4. mr.spiv

mr.spiv Certified Guru

Hmm I haven't tested MacLink on Intel Macs, even if I have one. Any probs with MacLink in general?

Cheers,
    Mr.Spiv

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2015
  5. kounch

kounch Still Fresh

As far as i have used it, the same that happened with PowerPC; randomly, when sending several commands in a short period of time, like iGP32 or macgp32linker do when browsing directories, can hang maclink and render the USB port unusable (any device connected to it does not exist or work) until you reboot.

6. mr.spiv

mr.spiv Certified Guru

7. kounch

kounch Still Fresh

It could be possible, for example asking for iGP32 information (maclink info) and listing directories (maclink ls), however, the problem usually appears when sending sequentally several commands (i.e. maclink ls / then maclink ls /GPMM) without having any pause between them. I think i have minimized the possibilities by forcing a delay of 0.5 seconds between sending maclink commands on the same instance.

8. mr.spiv

mr.spiv Certified Guru