Igp32 V1.2 For Mac Os X Released

kounch

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
Hi
after a long time thinking that there was a maclink USB problem with Intel Macs, which made iGP32 not work, i have found that it really was a bug in iGP32 code, which showed a 'fake' USB error when the app was launched from a directory with strange characters or spaces in its path.

This is the new version, with the bug fixed (i hope) and some corrections to make it compile OK with XCode 2.4.1.

I have only tested on PPC (G4) and Intel with the latest OS X version, but it should work with anything older than OS X 10.2.8.

You can download it from the official page:

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=135958

As usual, bug reports can be sent at the offical project web site on sourceforge:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=add&a...amp;atid=734512

Regards
kounch

I dont have an Mac, but i still want to thank you for not forgetting the GP32! :D gp32_console

kounch said:
Hi
after a long time thinking that there was a maclink USB problem with Intel Macs, which made iGP32 not work, i have found that it really was a bug in iGP32 code, which showed a 'fake' USB error when the app was launched from a directory with strange characters or spaces in its path.
Hmm I haven't tested MacLink on Intel Macs, even if I have one. Any probs with MacLink in general?

Cheers,
Mr.Spiv

Last edited by a moderator:
mr.spiv said:
Hmm I haven't tested MacLink on Intel Macs, even if I have one. Any probs with MacLink in general?

Cheers,
Mr.Spiv
As far as i have used it, the same that happened with PowerPC; randomly, when sending several commands in a short period of time, like iGP32 or macgp32linker do when browsing directories, can hang maclink and render the USB port unusable (any device connected to it does not exist or work) until you reboot.

kounch said:
mr.spiv said:

Cheers,
Mr.Spiv
As far as i have used it, the same that happened with PowerPC; randomly, when sending several commands in a short period of time, like iGP32 or macgp32linker do when browsing directories, can hang maclink and render the USB port unusable (any device connected to it does not exist or work) until you reboot.

Interesting.. does iGP32 actually allow spawning multiple instances of its commandline utilities from the GUI?

mr.spiv said:
Interesting.. does iGP32 actually allow spawning multiple instances of its commandline utilities from the GUI?
It could be possible, for example asking for iGP32 information (maclink info) and listing directories (maclink ls), however, the problem usually appears when sending sequentally several commands (i.e. maclink ls / then maclink ls /GPMM) without having any pause between them. I think i have minimized the possibilities by forcing a delay of 0.5 seconds between sending maclink commands on the same instance.

kounch said:
mr.spiv said:
It could be possible, for example asking for iGP32 information (maclink info) and listing directories (maclink ls), however, the problem usually appears when sending sequentally several commands (i.e. maclink ls / then maclink ls /GPMM) without having any pause between them. I think i have minimized the possibilities by forcing a delay of 0.5 seconds between sending maclink commands on the same instance.

I am pretty sure that PCLink on GP32 side (or whatever you guys are using these days) and maclink do not handle situation where multiple instances try to access GP32 at the same time. The code on both side in definitely no re-entrant :blink:

Back