If this indeed has a 3G module...

That chip looks good, with worlwide 3G frequencies supported. The Pyra will really be the perfect tool for travellers. Too bad I didn't have it in 2013 when travelling all the year by bicycle.

Doesn't Gemalto have another similar chip that would support DCHSPA (42Mbps) ?

Edit: the PLS8 does support 42Mbps 3G and LTE. But it is less universal in terms of supported 3G frequencies. I guess if you are staying in your continent it would be a better choice, if you are a world traveller, the PHS8 would be the better choice.

If these are available as extension boards, it would be great to ba able to choose.

Last edited by a moderator:
StraightTalk is great! $45 a month gets unlimited everything, whereas Virgin is $55 for unlimited. But unfortunately the phone I had to get is CDMA, so Virgin I am stuck with.
Also high speed internet?

Without limit?

If so then why can't we get such a thing in Germany as well?
There is no hard limit, but after 1.5 GB of usage they reduce you to 2G speegs.

Could I not just hold the Pyra up to my head, and talk into the mic? If it's anything like the Pandora, the speaker would be near my ear, and the mic near my mouth, and I could just turn the volume down.
Well, the mic is the dot you see next to the keyboard.

Pyra.png
Not sure how good it and the speakers would be while the Pyra is closed.
Then I wouldn't close it, I'd just grip it by the body and hold it up to my head open.

I stared at this for a little bit, and I think I have an idea; why not add notches to the sides of the rim on the upper part of the case? This would allow sound to travel better.

-Glyph Reader
While that may increase sound quality, that would allow more stuff to get in.

Then I wouldn't close it, I'd just grip it by the body and hold it up to my head open.
Well, if you don't mind doing this, more power to you.

Back