If only... Nintendo Wii U phone

Fzero

Advanced Member
I'm due an upgrade, been considering between the HTC One and the S4 for at least a couple month now, still between those 2 really.

I'll be bit sad to reside my Xperia Play to the drawer, as I make good use of the physical gaming controls. But it is a bit dated now and bit slow compared to the newer players.

The HTC One is more appealing for the looks and sound, but I like the fact the S4 has that split screen thing going on, so can watch a long keynotes on YT and still browse the Pandora forums for example... that is a winning feating IMO.

Also the fact the S4 has the gamepad coming out for it, which is what I was searching for just now, to see when that was planned for release.

Bit of a choice, get the HTC One and await the much anticipated iCP2 to pair it up with, or just get the S4 phone and buy their gamepad attachment too.

Anyway, when looking for the S4 gamepad release date I just saw this, only a concept from the T3 guys I think, but this would be the phone for me if it were available.

Wii U phone, all the Miiverse apps built in, and a docking game controller which looks pretty sleek - certainly nicer looking than the game pad offering from Samsung.

Shame this is nothing official eh

https://www.youtube.com/embed/k3KCTOkHVhA?feature=oembed

Is it 3D??  B) ..i need more eye discomfort.

I can't listen to the audio right now but the text on the video is pretty funny - Tegra 5 graphics + Snapdragon octacore? That's mashing together like three different SoCs..

Too bad Nintendo has no interest in using better than 5 year old technology in their handhelds. Maybe the next one will have a Cortex-A9.

Last edited by a moderator:
- Tegra 5 graphics + Snapdragon octacore? That's mashing together like three different SoCs..
We can do that. You just need a steady hand, a sharp knife and some high grade conductive glue :p

I can't listen to the audio right now but the text on the video is pretty funny - Tegra 5 graphics + Snapdragon octacore? That's mashing together like three different SoCs..

Too bad Nintendo has no interest in using better than 5 year old technology in their handhelds. Maybe the next one will have a Cortex-A9.
Not missing anything from the audio anyway, is just music no commentary.

Guess the T3 guys that put it together where not being too factual based then with the SoC eh :)

why not just a 3ds that can make calls a la nokia s80 series designs? or am I missing the point?

I'd buy that as well, though I've a Wii U account so this concept suits me more.

Is the 3DS account same as the Wii U ones?.. are the users I see in the MiiVerse a mix of Wii U and 3DS users then?

Back