Idea for game

jlebrech

UFO Robot
I have an idea for a game (platformer)

The story is that a top secret lab which was researching supersoldier combat suits was raided by a terrorist organization, and the suit was dismantled into different bits. so your mission is too kill the terrorists and recover the parts of the suit, which you can use.

The different parts could be armor, nbc, gas protection, muscle multiplers, targeting device, and diferrent types of guns.

You would have to switch gun types as certain bosses will be invulnerable to certain guns.

The game could be a bit like metroid (with a girl) so you increase in power as you get along, and as you progress you meet bosses that have copies of your suit, so you got to destroy the blueprint and kill the terrorist scientists.

And here's an idea i've just had, you could have an invisibility suit, but when you switch it on the clothes become invisible a second or two before the heroine does :rolleyes:

:D Yeah, yeah cool !!! A little proposition, each boss have a better part of armor than you, developed by the mad scientists... So after beat him, you can use this part (strange, it reminds me of Megaman-Rockman...) So the heroine have to take off her clothes to change this part !!! Yeaah, baby, yeaah !......
Who start singing "macho man ?" Huuh ?"

Well, what are you waiting for. Start programming :p

If the GP32 supported action script I could've given it a shot. My other programming skills don't go further than 'print'. Guess I have some learning to do...

Well, it's not my part... I used to work on scenario for several shareware for the Amiga (old skool rulez !!)... but most of all have never been released... sniff... :(

And here's an idea i've just had, you could have an invisibility suit, but when you switch it on the clothes become invisible a second or two before the heroine does ;)

That could be a special ability used to momentarily stun the bosses. :D

Develop the story a bit, though... stories featuring the military and evil terrorist organizations have been used to death since 9/11 ;) . Maybe it's just me. :ph34r:

Seriously, mister jlebrech, are you really interesed into doing a platform game ? I've talked to a friend who is graphist who said that it's can be great... He still have a pocketfull of sprites, tiles, fonts "ready to use" from our old amiga projects, and he's ready to make new material...
For my part I still have a lot of ideas... :D
You can contact me if you are interested... :ph34r:

There is a game exactly like this for the NES, Heavy Barrel. You are an army guy seeking parts for a big weapon and could use it after you got the parts. Though no harm in making another one.

Back