Community Game?

Good job flack......but no.... RPG maker for gp32 games look like nes...Im going for a mediem quality snes game or possibly looking like early arc the lad titles for Play Station... And it will have cut scenes by me and my anime drawing which will take at least two weeks after we start for the intro and others if i work really hard.
I'm sure about pixels

i think it would be cool if you did the graphics ff7-9 style with the prerendered backgrounds and 3d charecters. i know darkfader made a 3d engine.

and if not an rpg then why not the ultimate crime-em-up? and i'm talkin ULTIMATE :lol: . but nothing toooo bad :angry:

I've been wanting to contribute music to a GP32 game for a while. Actually, I've wanted to make a game, but I can't code, so I figured music would be a place to start. I consider myself to be a pretty good MOD tracker, so if you're looking for some form of MOD music, I can help.

My vote goes to dark adventure rpg. A game with a blade runner/deus ex feeling. You're a small guy in a big world with a goverment you can't trust. Fighting against the goverment you try to discover what's real? Who can you trust? why are things? Who is telling you the truth and why? and after all who are you in this world and why are you there?

A M rated game with a great story, many questions and a blade runner feeling. Seted in the year 23** on a acient planet called 'earth', You're one of the few survivors after a long (and boring) war. While the survivors try to build up the world the goverment is doing other things? Where are they rich people the can't al be murderd? etc. etc.

I gues animefreak is a lot better writer than me (a his english is a lot better) but these words are my 0.2

I'll we more than hapy to make a website/manual for this game :p L'll get photoshop back monday (maybe 1 or 2 days later) and the i'll do some stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
CURRENT LIST OF MEMBERS OF THE GP32 COMMUNITY GAME:

Delsabre - Coordinator, Pixel Artist, other?
gp32animefreak - Storyline, Cutscenes?, other?
Dolfhin - website, manual?, other?
Neomorpheus - ?
kraahl - ?
Tobriand - MIDI
whitestripes44 - game design?
Evil_Cartman - GFX
IntenseWage - MOD music

okay, either we'll have MIDI music or MOD music but not both. MOD is on my agenda.

@Tobriand: if you can do MOD music also, maybe you could contribute... if not, then ill have to take you off the list. adding MIDI is out of my skills range right now.

CURRENT GAME STATUS:

its an RPG. thats that. gp32animefreak will be doing the storyline. ill be doing the coding. help me god. ... oh wait, im an atheist :eek:

i will be (attempting) making an RPG engine. hopefully with 16bit color...

well, IF you find some decent coders, I'm happily willing to help out with some graphics / animations / 3D stuff or map making.

so far it seems we only have one person dealing with the storyline. No offence but i think that more than one person needs influence in this area to stop self indulgence in certain areas of the game and to just generally widen the scope of ideas.
I see there have been a lot of people wondering what they can contribute. I propose a regular arranged meeting (preferably on this board) of a close knit group of about 5-7 people that deals specifically with storyline and game features.
I definitely would be willing to help.....

I'm a graphic designer by trade but it looks like I've been beaten to the GFX side of things - but if you want any extra help, it would be a honour to be involved.

Hmm... since I have an idea of a story since a while ago, I could help with storyline, also.
But don't expect professional work here, as I usually do film/video compositing and 3D stuff ;)

CURRENT LIST OF MEMBERS OF THE GP32 COMMUNITY GAME:

Delsabre - Coordinator, Pixel Artist, other?
gp32animefreak - Storyline, Cutscenes?, other?
Dolfhin - website, manual?, other?
Neomorpheus - ?
kraahl - ?
Tobriand - MIDI
whitestripes44 - game design?
Evil_Cartman - GFX
IntenseWage - MOD music
EvilDragon - GFX?, Storyline?
ste_167 - game design

COMMUNITY GAME TEAM BREAKDOWN:

Management:
Delsabre