Community Game?

i forgot the coders section
ohmy.gif

i think youre right, rico.

I could write dialogs for all those townspeople that´s in (most, if not all) RPGs, they usually just say random stuff anyway.
I could perhaps make up some smaller side-quests, connecting to these townspeople.

I think we need a single topic for IDEAS for Community game.
Just so we have a big pool of any misc ideas eg story plots or characters that developers can draw from if they need to.

CURRENT LIST OF MEMBERS OF THE GP32 COMMUNITY GAME:

Delsabre - Coordinator, Pixel Artist, Other?
gp32animefreak - Storyline, Cutscenes?, Other?
Dolfhin - Website, Manual?, Other?
Neomorpheus - ?
kraahl - Dialogue, Other?
Tobriand - MIDI
whitestripes44 - Game Design?
Evil_Cartman - GFX
IntenseWage - MOD Music
EvilDragon - GFX?, Storyline?
ste_167 - Game Design
declaration - Storyline

... okay, im going to start coding now, so ... uh ... er, yeah.

OT: rcx any chance you could help me with some AI for a top-down shooter-type game? (Think Metal Gear Solid except more action)

Rico posted on Sep 30 2003 at 05:18 PM said:
OT: rcx any chance you could help me with some AI for a top-down shooter-type game? (Think Metal Gear Solid except more action)
Excited already! 3 more posts to a 1000 2 rico! Oh, and id be happy to do any arty jobs if u want to add me to the list. or even just research or sumthin if it needs doin.

Last edited by a moderator:
The game seems to be advancing pretty fast :p
As soon as the're is some art i'll make a nice website

Dolfhin posted on Sep 30 2003 at 06:13 PM said:
The game seems to be advancing pretty fast :p
Who all is coding on this, and what have they coded on the GP32 before? Just skimming the topic again, I didn't really see who was going to be doing the coding.

Last edited by a moderator:
im doing the coding. supposedly.

CURRENT LIST OF MEMBERS OF THE GP32 COMMUNITY GAME:

Delsabre - Coordinator, Programmer, Pixel Artist, Other?
gp32animefreak - Storyline, Cutscenes?, Other?
Dolfhin - Website, Manual?, Other?
Neomorpheus - Other
kraahl - Dialogue, Other?
Tobriand - MIDI
whitestripes44 - Game Design?
Evil_Cartman - GFX
IntenseWage - MOD Music
EvilDragon - GFX?, Storyline?
ste_167 - Game Design
declaration - Storyline
Dozer - Other
Bazzie - Storyline

ok, gp32animefreak is doing the main storyline, EvilDragon declaration and Bazzie will help and make suggestions.

the coding will take awhile, but it would be better to have everything else done before it.

@gp32animefreak: make another topic called "GP32 Community Game Storyline" and post what youve written so far there. the other guys helping with the storyline will give you suggestions and such.

@Dolfhin: just get a generic website up for now. the design/whatever is up to you.

@whitestripes44 and ste_167: you two will be doing the game design. that means, figuring out how the battle system and such will work. be creative :) . whichever one of you reads this first, post a topic called "GP32 Community Game General Design" and say how you think everything should work.

those of you assigned to gfx, sfx and other, just hang around for now until the storyline and game design guys give you something to work with.

this topic will be for general discussion about the game.

@Hando: GPDC is on hold ever since i saw this. maybe ill get to it if we can get some more coders... also, since this seems to be picking up speed now, could you create a subforum for it and (possibly if you trust me enough) let me mod it?

Gp32Animefreak, i tried to message you but it failed here's my message:

Hey,
I'll be your helper on the storyline and I will do my best to help, just tell me if I should do something!!

BTW, how is that MS2 port coming along??

Greats,
Bazzie

MS2 is not nearly done we moved from 30% to 40% , sadly because a few people left(they had no gp32's)

EVERYONE BIG NEWS we have another coder
vemon388

Also this is a community project everyone could help if they want to, so BAZZIE we'll get you something to do.

Back