Brothel Tycoon Game Idea Feedback

I think I represent 90% of the male population in saying I'd play this game regardless of how women are portrayed. Seriously guys, most people just don't care as long as it's a video game.

I also think, if sold for the PC, your game could make a large amount of money as one of those £10 games they sell at garage stations and the like. I don't mean that in a negative way at all, it's just that kind of audience (lots of cheap Tycoon-style games in the same market) and the whole brothel thing would attract a lot of purchases. Pity the game itself isn't tasteful enough to be sold in that manner :(
I agree, I'm a complete pussy irl but it doesn't stop me from beating someone up with a shovel on postal 2 or going on SOF just to blast some limbs.

Last edited by a moderator:
How about a Game Store Sim. :lol:

You could have fanboyz come in and try to destroy stocks of rival systems. Little kids breaking demo units. Launch days where you have to frantically deal with long angry lines of impatient gamers.

The general opinion is that people would play the game, I am sorry if the theme offends some people but as someone said I could always put men in the game as well to equal things out :) I am still not entirely convinced about the theme being a brothel, drug dealing seems to be the next theme that more people would play so I am keeping that in mind.

I had a short brainstorming session down the pub last night with several people and they are very excited over the game and gave me loads of ideas. What I will do soon is either start a forum on my site for the game or if the Hando is happy to do so start one here, here would be the best choice as nobody uses my gp32 forums :)

Once the forum is open I will then start accepting ideas from users on what can be in the game, I have a general idea already but I am very interested to hear other peoples ideas. It will also allow me communicate with interested people about the game, beta testing etc.

Finally, I havent got much feedback on if people would buy the game or donate money once its released (no more than £10 for the game). This is an important factor in the development as if money is involved it will allow me to spend more time on the game and also hire gfx people etc. Further along the line the engine may be ported to other platforms such as Xbox, Dreamcast, Palm, Pocket PC and possibly DS. Please leave your thoughts on the game being commercial on this post.

I think I've said, but I'll say it again. I'd definitely buy it if the brothel aspect is optional (night club management or drugs). I'll definitely play it if its free regardless and maybe donate if I find myself addicted. But the chances are much slimmer.

With balancing by including rent-boys and gigolos... hmm... maybe; tbh I think they'd feel like an afterthought unless there were clear bonuses to use of both female and male prostitutes (e.g. rentboys/gigolos may not make as much, but nor are they as likely to be attacked "on the job").

I'd certainly think about it regardless - but thinking about a game is not going to get money in the back!

Oh, and do bear in mind, I'm off to Nepal in Jan, so unless its done by then (which is won't be), I won't be *able* to buy it until September next. Not that I matter specifically, but hey - you wanted to hear financial pledges.

I'm in for discussion and discourse. Sounds like quite a laugh. Although being a London boy myself I am rather concerned about the possibility of finding myself in King's X playing a game set in Kings X!!!!!!! Lets set it in a more generic run down ghetto eh?... :huh:

I think it would be a great game and just sit back and let Guyfawkes run with his idea.

(Yeah, I know... late response)

oh, another late response (must have missed that thread)

i feel the same as Hooka (his name fits the game :p ) and thecheat!

Back