iCP2: They're throwing in the towel.

I wonder if MWeston got paid this time, and how much of a hit Link is going to take for these shenanigans.

Go figure. From the phrasing we would get partial refunds if we get refunds at all. Glad I gave up and bought a moga last month, and will prolly get a moga hero power in January. I already sold my original icontrolpad, and am happy with the moga and its clamp system. The only reason I continue to keep my Pandora is due to evildragon supporting it so much.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk

Regarding refunds, we'll come up with some algebra so that $599 backers get back more than a $69 backer. We hope this sounds fair.

STAND BACK! I'M GOING TO USE MATH!!!

4607863867_8f87ac79a7_b.jpg

And there goes the last ever project of Craig's anyone will ever back.

There is so much anger in me right now it's hard to put into words.

Good bye ICP2 , you promised to be as awesome as a bear. Unfortunately it turned out be a dead bear

hulk-bear.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
And there goes the last ever project of Craig's anyone will ever back
I've heard tales of men who have one "brilliant" idea after another, never actually succeeding. Their job is entirely coming up with new ideas, starting a company, and convincing venture capitalists to invest money in the idea for months or even years until the idea eventually fizzles and the company goes bankrupt. Then they move on to the next big idea and start over again.Don't think no one will back him, so long as he's got ideas he'll find some way of peddling them.

Oh shit, I just realized, I believe it's technically Link's company that is the owner of the kickstarter. That means everything is his legal responsibility. If it were anyone other than Craig I wouldn't be worried about him doing the right thing and coming to a fair and equitable solution, but he's already shown he'd be willing to throw his own grandmother off a cliff to save a couple bucks (metaphorically speaking, of course).

And there goes the last ever project of Craig's anyone will ever back.   

There is so much anger in me right now it's hard to put into words.

Good bye ICP2 , you promised to be as strong as a bear.  Unfortunately it turned out be a dead bear

hulk-bear.gif
OMG, this clip is AWESOME!

I'm not to upset, as the more delays that came, I figured we would see this canceled before we ever saw a finished product. I'm more upset that such a great KS campaign is completely wasted, and that much of the public opinion will be soured on any future projects to come from this community. 

Chris

An organizational joke. Clueless. I doubt i will see any refund at this rate.

The refund system will be a mess too, of that im certain.

It will take months/years. Trying to get refunds for all the different parts from vendors. Unlikely. More rubbish to come.

Sigh.

At least i trust ed to do a p2. I wont support craig again thats for sure.

StarTrekTheOriginalSeriesHesDeadJim.gif

If I get my money fine, if not I spent it a while ago.. I had a funny feeling about backing the project. so far I've been 1 and 4 on my kickstarter delivery.

I hope Link can manage to stay unscathed from all this.

I've heard tales of men who have one "brilliant" idea after another, never actually succeeding. Their job is entirely coming up with new ideas, starting a company, and convincing venture capitalists to invest money in the idea for months or even years until the idea eventually fizzles and the company goes bankrupt. Then they move on to the next big idea and start over again.

Don't think no one will back him, so long as he's got ideas he'll find some way of peddling them.
These days it's way too easy for word to get out on these things and with something like Kickstarter you have to convince lots of people, not a few venture capitalists. iCP2 got funding despite the massive problems with Pandora because there was enough that happened right with it (and iCP1) and enough appeared to plausibly not be his fault. Plus ED helped salvage the image tremendously.

The only way I see him pulling another project off is if he does it entirely from the shadows using other people and maybe a pseudonym as a front. I don't think Craig would do this, and I don't think he has enough people who will let him hind behind them even if he would. Otherwise, if he starts something where people know it's him there'll be a pretty big negative campaign against it. Any news site that posts about it would be flooded with negative comments and the articles themselves would probably mostly acknowledge that his last project was a train wreck and unmitigated failure.

Frankly I think KS would be crazy to even let him post any more projects there to begin with, but I don't know if they take any action at all against this sort of thing. There are other crowdfunding sites but they're a lot less likely to collect than KS.

Yeah... somehow I doubt I'm getting any refund at all, given the track record. If I do get one, it'll probably be $10 or something.

Well, serves me right for trusting Craig. He'd better change his name before asking anyone for money ever again.

I've backed a few crowdfunding projects and this is the only one that's failed. Unfortunately, it's also the one I spent the most money on. All the others I've funded have been various artistic projects. There seems to be less risk with those - artists seem to be more reliable, odd as that sounds. Plus they're used to completing their work even if it means they have to starve to do it, because they're used to reputation being the main form of currency. -_-

I really thought they were finally going to finish this thing.  Looks like the ADC issues were insurmountable. I guess the moral of the story is to 1 do proper planning and 2 don't throw in extra hardware design at the last minute. Look how many problems sony and microsoft have with their hardware and that's with all the money they have for r&d. oh well time for a new project

Well... I guess I should be glad this fiasco has finally ended, one way or the other. I may as well add this money to the 1GHZ money bag that Craig buggered off with. (Granted, I upgraded with Ed and gave up waiting on Craig for the chance to either refund me or send my unit. But still, fuck him). At least it's only $75 I'm losing this time.

And to think I was THIS bloody close to pledging $500 for the Gold/chrome faceplate ICP2...

Does anyone know if the design was patented? Are they planning to sell or license the patent?

If not, any chance of open-sourcing it? It might go a little way to making up for this mess.

Can we get silly forum badges for having backed the ICP2?  They can be worn with either pride or embarrassment.  I own three metaphorical ICP2s.

Properly, this isn't the place to pass around titles concerning that project, but I don't speak of this anywhere else.

The ADCs were NOT the problem with this project.  The PCB was just fine.  I had the ADCs working over a month ago but the operation got flaky when paired with the nub code module.  Once Craig made it relatively clear that the project was unlikely to finish, I stopped wasting my time trying to get the nubs to read accurately but I could move them around and get raw analog data.  It made no sense to spend even more weekends away from my daughter working on this but I believe with more effort, it would have been fully functional.

No keymats, no samples of plastics ever injected through the molds (if they were actually made), no final samples of the dome switch stickers and no clamps (that I ever saw) were the problem.  Link even considered finding money elsewhere to try and finish this and reward the backers but it's pointless when none of us STILL don't have any idea if any of these things ever existed.

Back