I Will Wait The Day When A Gp2x Wiz With Oled 3.5'' Screen Wi

Well, my JXD 301 has a 3.0" screen if I am not mistaken, and I haven't had any real issues with the size. The things that concern me about any system with a new screen is ghosting and how good the viewing angle is.

I think we are a bit too hasty on dissing a 2.8 oled, sounds like a Davemc rant more than anything, honestly most mp3 players don't even get beyond 2.0 oled, well except for cowon, so 2.8 is actually pretty good move, and only .2 less than full 3 inches which you really can't complain about, 3.5 inches yes its great but gph probably couldn't afford and probably wanted a slimmer design, honestly I was bummed about it at first but now considering that I only have so much cash now and only would use the thing for schmups and dev anyway I find it to be a good fit outbeside the computer.

rokdcasbah said:
Peter R said:
WhizzBang said:
What are the actual width and height measurements in centimetres?
Pythagorus

...would have needed to know the length of a second side before he could figure out the third.

:)

But if the pixels were square and evenly spaced, Euclid would probably have come up with roughly 57 mm x 43 mm. Are the pixels on these screens perfectly square though?

I quite do not understand how you did your pixel calculations, but using Pythagorus *and* knowing that screen ratio is 4:3, one come easily with screen size which is 5,68cm x 4,26cm (2,24' x 1,68')

Last edited by a moderator:
I've already a handheld with 2.8" ltps lcd screen at 320x240 and it's perfectly readable.

Also I think it's more clear with OLED screen

Huh,I mark the screen as one of the good points about Wiz.

Still,it wouldnt be a GP2X forum if someone wasnt complaining. ;op

Perhaps some here need to update our spectacle prescriptions?

for me 2.8 ' is a deal breaker. but im confident that gamepark will release a bigger screen size model in a few years.

CronoTriggerfan said:
renejr902 said:
for me 2.8 ' is a deal breaker. but im confident that gamepark will release a bigger screen size model in a few years.
Don't knock it 'till you try it.

Bigger is better.

CronoTriggerfan said:
DaveC said:
CronoTriggerfan said:
renejr902 said:

Bigger is better.

Obviously the subnotebook market would disagree. :p

Well I don't know, There are no subnotebooks that I have seen with 2.8" screens though :p

CronoTriggerfan said:
DaveC said:
CronoTriggerfan said:
renejr902 said:

Bigger is better.

Obviously the subnotebook market would disagree. :p

You can't always take the word of a minority of people as gospel, you know. If I recall correctly, there was a certain small group of people who demanded that Pandoras be paid for with PayPal, and look what happened there!

We're all getting our Pandoras a few days late because of those "certain people" :)

D.

Eh, shut the hell up, it's not my fault. :p Frustrating, yes, but what the team did was technically against PayPal regulations, so it's easy to see why they were punished.

Point is, the screen is smaller, yes. Get over it, because it's going to stay that way for a while. If you think it's a travesty, fine, but this vendetta is totally unwarranted and a little bit overreactive.

CronoTriggerfan said:
Eh, shut the hell up, it's not my fault. :p Frustrating, yes, but what the team did was technically against PayPal regulations, so it's easy to see why they were punished.
Au contraire. It's certainly the fault of certain people who shouted very loudly indeed, mere days before the release, that paypal compatibility must be added. I would imagine that in the rush to please those few that argued so strongly and so vocally, they didn't read the T&Cs completely, and fell foul of them. Not to the detriment of Craig&Co, I might add - 100 pandoras (compared to the numbers ordered in an intelligent manner) is but a drop in the ocean financially.

Craig & Co weren't punished - we were. The delays haven't cost the Pandora team any money, have they?

We still get our units late because of the paypal problem though - and it's not as if there weren't far more knowledgeable people pointing out that paypal is crap and not to be trusted before preorders - but certain people refused to listen and still demanded their paypal.

But let's blame Craig & Co for not reading the T&Cs properly, because that makes us feel less like the blame sits squarely in our laps, eh?

Anyway, this is getting off-topic now.

Point is, the screen is smaller, yes. Get over it, because it's going to stay that way for a while. If you think it's a travesty, fine, but this vendetta is totally unwarranted and a little bit overreactive.

Oh no, it's not a vendetta, at least not on my part. I like OLED screens, I think the Wiz will benefit from it. I'm not getting one, but that's because it's a GPH device - not because it's not a technically competent piece of kit; I'm staying well away because GPH will have massively screwed something (if not pretty much everything) up.

D.

Dunny said:
CronoTriggerfan said:
Au contraire. It's certainly the fault of certain people who shouted very loudly indeed, mere days before the release, that paypal compatibility must be added. I would imagine that in the rush to please those few that argued so strongly and so vocally, they didn't read the T&Cs completely, and fell foul of them. Not to the detriment of Craig&Co, I might add - 100 pandoras (compared to the numbers ordered in an intelligent manner) is but a drop in the ocean financially.

Craig & Co weren't punished - we were. The delays haven't cost the Pandora team any money, have they?

We still get our units late because of the paypal problem though - and it's not as if there weren't far more knowledgeable people pointing out that paypal is crap and not to be trusted before preorders - but certain people refused to listen and still demanded their paypal.

But let's blame Craig & Co for not reading the T&Cs properly, because that makes us feel less like the blame sits squarely in our laps, eh?

Oh no, it's not a vendetta, at least not on my part. I like OLED screens, I think the Wiz will benefit from it. I'm not getting one, but that's because it's a GPH device - not because it's not a technically competent piece of kit; I'm staying well away because GPH will have massively screwed something (if not pretty much everything) up.

D.

hmmm i dont see any solution here that can resolve my 2.8' screen size

Dunny said:
CronoTriggerfan posted on Oct 17 2008 at 05:15 PM said:

Yeah, blatantly. So why do it? :rolleyes:
D. said:

D.[/quote]Well that's nice, but that's not what this thread is about. If you're not faithful to the Wiz, then the comment really wasn't directed towards yourself. It's the people who act like a 2.8" screen is the end of the goddamn world when many of them probably have never even seen the thing, let alone played it.

Deed said:
I quite do not understand how you did your pixel calculations, but using Pythagorus *and* knowing that screen ratio is 4:3, one come easily with screen size which is 5,68cm x 4,26cm (2,24' x 1,68')
Yeah, I forgot about Pythagorean triples, I was just thinking a^2 + b^2 = c^2.

The screen size is sort of 50/50 me. I like the size of the GP2X screen, but I guess I could go a little bit smaller. Obviously the people who cart it around a lot will be thankful for the reduced size.

Back