I Will Wait The Day When A Gp2x Wiz With Oled 3.5'' Screen Wi

renejr902

Website
Visit site
i will wait the day when a gp2x wiz with oled 3.5' screen size will be release

2.8 ' is really to small for me. its really bad.

i really want this new thing finally, but at 2.8 ' theres no way i buy it.

cant play with my gba and ds emulators anymore because the screen is too small compare to gp2x and psp.
my eyes cry.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the same problem as you.
My gp2x f2oo has perfect screen dimension.
I don't undertand why wiz has this orrible 2.8' oled screen! :huh:
While the wiz will have that screen I'll don't buy it!.
I think the only choice is Pandora that has a good lcd.

It has been said by people actually owning the unit that the small screen size isn't really an issue once you are playing games on it.

renejr902 said:
my eyes cry.
Well let's just hope nothing else does. :) :blink:

If I had the money I would wait until people have them, then listen to the reviews (bearing in mind the reviewers preferences and attitude.)

If enough good reviews come in, and some good gameplay video surfaces, buy one.

If it turns out that the screen is really too small for you, then return it or sell it on eBay.

I think that the USB/TV-Out/Wifi issues are more of a problem in my mind, maybe they fix all that?

renejr902 said:
2.8 ' is really to small for me. its really bad.
You could try place some kind of plain lens over screen to make it look bigger.

Anyway, it is up to wiz software/game developers to make their user interfaces to be looking nice on 2.8'

quasist said:
You could try place some kind of plain lens over screen to make it look bigger.
512blip7zcelss500yd0.jpg

Peter R said:
WhizzBang said:
What are the actual width and height measurements in centimetres?
Pythagorus

...would have needed to know the length of a second side before he could figure out the third.

:)

But if the pixels were square and evenly spaced, Euclid would probably have come up with roughly 57 mm x 43 mm. Are the pixels on these screens perfectly square though?

Has anyone played with a Gameboy Micro (GBA with the smallest screen) before? The screen is VERY SMALL (2"), I'm 23, have terrible eyesight myself, and I never take off my glasses except when Amy laughs at me, and I can play for hours and hours on a GB Micro. And for those who are still studying, small handhelds are extremely useful for you know... not paying attention (I would have killed myself had I not a Micro on my "Computer and Society" course :D )

Pixel definition, contrast, and brightness are by far more important than size, and the OLED screen promises all of that :)

0306GameBoy.1.jpg

Dude, 3.5 isn't that big of a jump from 2.8. You can play GBA and SNES games with that, because that is the exact same screen size but at a higher resolution (which may be to your point). The clarity of the OLED screen allows for screens to be more visible regardless of the size.

Yeah, for everyone complaining about the screen size, its a nonissue. Like Ark said, the GBA micro screen is even smaller than that, and it's awesome to play on. With the OLED technology in addition to the size, the colors will be so ridiculously vibrant and bright the screen might as well give you a visual orgasm. :lol:

Unfortunately, the fact that they just might as well have called the Wiz the GP2x F-300 makes it a no-go for me, but if it's the screen you're apprehensive about, don't sweat it!

CronoTriggerfan said:
Unfortunately, the fact that they just might as well have called the Wiz the GP2x F-300 makes it a no-go for me, but if it's the screen you're apprehensive about, don't sweat it!
Why would you say that? The difference between the Wiz and the GP2X is far greater than between the F-200 and the F-100: a faster processor, 3D acceleration, nicer controls, built-in battery, not to mention the considerably smaller size, cooler looks, and touchscreens coming standard with every unit :)P). All the F-200 brought new to the table was a redesigned dpad, ts, and a new case color...

Ark: The Wiz 2.8" screen has an acceptable size and the only time it bothers me is when reading small text designed for larger screens. As Quasist said, this is where software design comes in.

But a 2" screen is simply a death sentence for your eyes. I wouldn't play on a Gameboy Micro if it were the last handheld in the world, getting cross eyed and with a -4.0 glass prescription is not a price I'd be willing to pay. There's no arguing that the larger a screen is, the more relaxing it is for your eyes.

Alex. said:
CronoTriggerfan said:
Why would you say that? The difference between the Wiz and the GP2X is far greater than between the F-200 and the F-100: a faster processor, 3D acceleration, nicer controls, built-in battery, not to mention the considerably smaller size, cooler looks, and touchscreens coming standard with every unit :)P). All the F-200 brought new to the table was a redesigned dpad, ts, and a new case color...

Ark: The Wiz 2.8" screen has an acceptable size and the only time it bothers me is when reading small text designed for larger screens. As Quasist said, this is where software design comes in.

But a 2" screen is simply a death sentence for your eyes. I wouldn't play on a Gameboy Micro if it were the last handheld in the world, getting cross eyed and with a -4.0 glass prescription is not a price I'd be willing to pay. There's no arguing that the larger a screen is, the more relaxing it is for your eyes.

Alex: Yeah, you're damn right about the small text. But that's software design. Besides, some GBA titles have (really) small text and I had no problem reading it.

Oh, and I'm -7.0 ;)

Definition is many times more important than size, I wouldn't say that if I had not played on most of my classes I mean beaten tons of games on it. Here's a good example: using an old 17" CRT washed-out monitor on 800x600 (my past monitor on the one I used to program) was a lot more irritating than playing Micro.

BUT I have heard some older (40's) people complain about the Micro. Since I'm a little far off that number, I'm not worried (YET).

Farsighted -1.5, older than dirt and that's too small for me. I was really hoping for something bigger than the F200, psp competitor even with a higher resolution and now could not be more disappointed or less interested, doesn't matter what is powering it.

Alex. said:
CronoTriggerfan said:
Generation jumps don't just bring updated hardware, they bring new features. The jump from the GP2x to the Wiz is more like an Axim X30 Mid to an X30 Pro as opposed to an X50. Or for a video game comparison, the DS to the DSi. I appreciate the upgrade and it may up the framerate on some current emus and allow PSX emulation as well as some 3D game ports, but as others have said, where's the WiFi? Analog sticks? GUI upgrade? The controller and the built-in battery were a given, GPH screwed up on that the first time. I understand the appeal of the Wiz and it looks like a great product now that they've fixed it, but an analog nub and a cheap WiFi chip would cost next to nothing to add, and for the cost of that clunky Flash website they designed, they could have spruced up the GUI. Just my opinion, though. :p
quasist said:
CronoTriggerfan said:
have called the Wiz the GP2x F-300
It is "Gp2x Wiz", not just "Wiz"

The resident "village idiot" who can't even form a complete sentence is arguing with me on semantics... nice. :D For the sake of your happiness, I apologize, it's the GP2x Wiz. And I do kid, quasist; despite the fact that your arguments and trolling are devoid of all intellect, your posts make me laugh. :lol:

doremi said:
yeah, 2.8" is too small, i will buy psp-3000 instead.

same thing here. if the psp-3000 is hackable. i want to play with emulator.

i cant play with my genesis and nes emulators on my Nintendo Ds anymore because the screen is too small compare to the gp2x and psp (psp-1000 i have). Even if the nintendo ds screen is awesome in picture quality.

so i always use my gp2x and psp and nintendo ds have dust on it.

so dont count me with a 2.8' screen size. i really hope gamepark will do a 3.5' edition soon

Back