I Think Something Is Wrong With My Wiz.

guyjin

Still Fresh
So I was recently informed by someone that my Wiz should be recognizing my SDHC card, but it isn't. When I right click on the drive letter that Windows XP assigns to the wiz, it always reports a capacity of just under 2 gigs.

Using an sdhc card, when trying to put it in it says press a button for sd, other for nand or something like that. try pressing the button for sd, or using sd reader to put things on it

guyjin said:
So I was recently informed by someone that my Wiz should be recognizing my SDHC card, but it isn't. When I right click on the drive letter that Windows XP assigns to the wiz, it always reports a capacity of just under 2 gigs.

If your Wiz wasn't recognizing your card, Windows wouldn't even show you a drive letter, so you must be looking at the Wiz's NAND, not the card. Do you know how to switch the Wiz so it's viewing the card, not the NAND, when connected to USB?

Last edited by a moderator:
As it turns out, the SD card I was using was the problem. Tried it with 3 different readers on 2 different computers, and all say that the card is 2gig when its supposed to be 16.

I have replaced it with a 4 gig card. (the bad card was an A-data their website, complete with their logo ; I suggest avoiding them.)

guyjin said:
As it turns out, the SD card I was using was the problem. Tried it with 3 different readers on 2 different computers, and all say that the card is 2gig when its supposed to be 16.

I have replaced it with a 4 gig card. (the bad card was an A-data their website, complete with their logo ; I suggest avoiding them.)
http://sosfakeflash.wordpress.com/

Last edited by a moderator:
I only skimmed that website, but it seems to be implying that a lot of this comes from EBay.

I don't doubt that, but if I remember correctly, I got the card in question from Newegg.

Reformat the card. See if that helps.

If you speak German, you can also give this tool a try:

http://www.heise.de/software/download/h2testw/50539

It overwrites the complete card/stick/disc and reads it back. If it's broken or fake this test will always fail.

Back