I think I might have been Scammed by Open Pandora.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jakeaaronson

Still Fresh
Hey Guys I am a little concerned that I have been scammed by Open Pandora and could use some advice. I preordered about 4 years ago march 2009. After waiting for years I though I would never actually get a Pandora without  ‘upgrading.’ So I asked for a refund last November.  I have repeatedly emailed open Pandora and they keep telling me they will send me a check in a few weeks. But they never have. I feel very betrayed. I have supported open Pandora for years and patiently waited for my console to ship and I feel totally taken advantage of. What do you guys think I should do?

Thanks for the quick reply. But your link does not really help me get my refund. I would appreciate it if you could put my thread back in the general discussion so I can get some advice on how to get my refund. 

Check the informations in the link.

From which shop did you ordered ?

This is the right location, and I don't think it'll stop people from responding.. but if you read the thread you should be aware there isn't really any advice anyone can give you :/ The guy you ordered from doesn't even appear to be reading these boards anymore.

Thanks for the quick reply. But your link does not really help me get my refund. I would appreciate it if you could put my thread back in the general discussion so I can get some advice on how to get my refund. 
The link tells you what is going on and explains that the refund from Craig may take months.

Other than wait for your refund the only thing you can do is try and visit Craig personally, he is around the Newcastle area I believe.

This will probably not help but worth a try if you live close by.

Hi Locnar, you might get some luck by contacting Craig on twitter he does seem to pop up on there every day or two. It's been months since he's been seen around here.

You could also try to contact him via letter by writing to : 26 Meadow Road, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE15 7LP, England

Best of luck & do rest assured, as others have said this is the right place for your query.

As for what you should do that's a tough one, there are a lot of people in your boat by the sound of it.

Where do you live? The answer to that might help us provide you with some options.

you've not been scammed... through I'm not sure what you've been done...

edit: welcome aboard...

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Mr. Loon.  I have medical needs and textbooks and supplies I need to pay for.  I will check out what you suggested. Great ideas!

Thanks Mr. Loon.  I have medical needs and textbooks and supplies I need to pay for.  I will check out what you suggested. Great ideas!
Are you also a passenger on the, maybe not so good ship, Awaiting Refund?

Craigix
Member Since 26 Aug 2010
Offline Last Active Dec 18 2012 07:34 PM

^-- thats rather a shame, given he started this board (when he forked it off gp32x.de)

Last edited by a moderator:
So I asked for a refund last November. I have repeatedly emailed open Pandora and they keep telling me they will send me a check in a few weeks. But they never have.
They had been expecting a tax refund which should have covered some refunds, but clearly not all.

How many times, and when exactly did they last tell you that you would receive a check?

While not been scammed, everyone awaiting refund from Craig virtually is scammed, as it seems.
"Scam" always implies intent. I have no idea what to call this, but "scam" is definitely not the right word. Victims of excessive optimism and some circumstance.

Customers of OP Ltd are in a horrid situation. They may have lost their money, it might even be OP Ltd's fault - but I severely doubt anyone intended the company to run out of money to the point of being unable to refund people.

Why run an elaborate fraud involving the actual production of the product you don't intend to deliver?

Why cheat people out of their money in such a way that you approach bankruptcy?

Why have a handy forum where people can complain/warn of the fraud?

There are many ways in which I don't trust Craig, but he wouldn't stoop to blatant commercial fraud.

While not been scammed, everyone awaiting refund from Craig virtually is scammed, as it seems.
"Scam" always implies intent. I have no idea what to call this, but "scam" is definitely not the right word. Victims of excessive optimism and some circumstance.
Well, ok. That's not what I meant, nonnative here. More like it makes no difference to the affected people now.

...and whilst Craig certainly had no intention to scam people from the start on, it seems to me that now he just lets things flow, maybe hoping for ED to solve this and that noone sues him.

Anyway, I wonder how sending units to Craigs costumers from profits goes along with paying back the investors. Or were they included in the calculation from the very beginning? I can't remember this one...

Suing either of them would literally do nothing good. All the company would have to do would be to file for bankruptcy. All remaining pre-orders would immediately be void, no one gets anything (neither refund nor Pandora), and you still have to pay the lawyer: everyone loses. Except Craig and Michael, since the companies are incorporated their personal assets are protected from company liability. They would lose nothing but what is currently invested in the company (which is currently in debt, so no loss there) and be able to start over again with a clean slate, except this time things are running smoothly and they'd be able to start turning a profit much quicker. Craig almost did this willingly but Michael talked him out of it. It would have been the financially correct decision, but not the morally correct one: EvilDragon wants everyone to get what they paid for, or better, or at least a refund, and that is unfortunately taking time.

I'm surprised that everyone here on the forum always tells that suing doesn't do any good and doesn't solve anything. How do you all know that? Maybe Craig has bought a nice car with his company that he can sell to pay people their refunds? Maybe he invested money from his Pandora-company into his iControlpad-company and is he making profits with that company instead of repaying that investment? I find it rather disrespectful to all those people that waited for four years to tell them to just pray and wait. Sending a collection agency to him might just give you back your money. Sending him mails, posting here on the forum or waiting didn't bring those people anything. To me it's obvious that Craig doesn't care about those people and is not even going to try to help them. The only way to find out if his company is really that low on cash is by forcing him to pay the refunds, first through a collection agency and if that doesn't work by a lawyer. You'll be surprised how many companies suddenly have money to pay you. Filing for bankruptcy is a final resort and by selling the assets there might be some extra cash for the refunders.

I have the utmost respect for ED how he's dealing with this situation and trying to get everyone the Pandora that they have payed for. Even with Craig's Pandora-company going bankrupt, he could (as good-hearted as he is) continue this quest. He's all alone on this now anyway and is paying the Pandora-units with his money, so it doesn't matter if Craig would file for bankruptcy. Anyway, I think this community is better off without Craig if they want to move forward and want to see a P2 in the future. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back