Please provide me info on how to get my money back

jr223

Still Fresh
Greeatings,

Sorry but it has been two + years since I purchased and Open Pandora, and Im tired of waiting and can

use the money spend on this none exstant product on other things.

Please return/refund my purchase.

I have sent an email to sales for openpandora and am looking forward to a quick and speedy reply as well as the refund.

Thanks

JR223

Don't worry, even if they had given it to you, it would probably be the same as mine that I recieved 2 years ago: a useless plastic brick with a broken dpad, uneven buttons, and broken nubs.

cheers ed/craigix

I have not seen much in the way of complaints about the units that are shipped now.

And they are currently in stock so if you order a new one you'd only have to wait the shipping time.

I also have not noticed anything broken in my unit. I would even like to order myself a 1ghz, but it feels like a bit too much money to part with at the moment.

It's sad to see that many old preorderers seem to have a tight budget, at least if you look at the ones posting on the forum. It looks a lot cheaper when you got money in the bank.

Don't worry, even if they had given it to you, it would probably be the same as mine that I recieved 2 years ago: a useless plastic brick with a broken dpad, uneven buttons, and broken nubs.
cheers ed/craigix

I was order number 350 and had to send mine back twice for repairs costing me a small fortune in shipping fees from Australia. Mine was pretty much unusable in 2011 but I sent it to ED last month and he's done a fantastic job fixing the nubs, case, battery, LCD cable and dpad. I understand how you feel, but I can assure from my own experience that it's worth getting it repaired and it's being done well (this time).

You should wait a little more as the last pre-orders will be delivered soon.

And actually, many Pandoras were produced and delivered ^^.

cheers ed/craigix

So, umm... you received one of the first units which are known to have issues but didn't care about getting it fixed when these issues had been solved?

Well... don't know what I should say about that, but it doesn't make sense to me...

Since he original poster didn't receive his unit yet, he would get a current one, so he wouldn't have these issues, that's for sure.

Sorry but it has been two + years since I purchased and Open Pandora, and Im tired of waiting

I had to wait over two years for my Pandora and I'm using it every day.. plus the unit you receive now is going to be much better quality (and better speced) than the unit of two years ago.

Id say it's worth the wait.

cheers ed/craigix
You can send it for repair under warranty? :wacko:

It's sad to see that many old preorderers seem to have a tight budget, at least if you look at the ones posting on the forum. It looks a lot cheaper when you got money in the bank.
Makes you wonder how much those people must have believed in the Pandora and team to pay out for something that didn't even exist when they had very little money to live on doesn't it?

Now you know why the people are so angry about not getting what they paid for and for receiving something that's now obsolete thanks to the 1Ghz units when/if they finally do.

A lot of people on the boards fail to understand this simple fact.

Greeatings,

Sorry but it has been two + years since I purchased and Open Pandora, and Im tired of waiting and can

I have sent an email to sales for openpandora and am looking forward to a quick and speedy reply as well as the refund.

Thanks

JR223

I'd ask Crag how fast he can refund your order.

Don't forget: he needs to sell 3 units (or receive 3 or 4 'upgrades') to ship a preordered Pandora.

Maybe he has to sell 6-8 units in advance to cover your refund. That would mean double time.

I didn't cancel because I knew the pandora was real. Most of the people looking into kickstarter products won't have that luxury.

Greeatings,

Thanks

JR223

I'd ask Crag how fast he can refund your order.

Don't forget: he needs to sell 3 units (or receive 3 or 4 'upgrades') to ship a preordered Pandora.

Maybe he has to sell 6-8 units in advance to cover your refund. That would mean double time.

We don't, we have money in the bank now from the 1Ghz units. We always keep about $20,000 spare for refunds.

Last edited by a moderator:
Makes you wonder how much those people must have believed in the Pandora and team to pay out for something that didn't even exist when they had very little money to live on doesn't it?

Now you know why the people are so angry about not getting what they paid for and for receiving something that's now obsolete thanks to the 1Ghz units when/if they finally do.

A lot of people on the boards fail to understand this simple fact.

I don't think anyone that is a part of OP wants someone to go hungry; if money is tight you should spend it on necessary things like food, not electronics.

Obsolete is like what apple does after 2 or 3 years. They stop supporting the product with OS updates and make sure new software won't run on the old devices.

The current 600 MHz units are not obsolete as all the software that is being coded will still work on both consoles, the OS updates are still being made for both units and OP is still repairing said units.

Sorry but it has been two + years since I purchased and Open Pandora, and Im tired of waiting

I had to wait over two years for my Pandora and I'm using it every day.. plus the unit you receive now is going to be much better quality (and better speced) than the unit of two years ago.

Id say it's worth the wait.

It really is. I got my unit ~1.5 years ago around when the nubs and LCD cable problems were fixed.I use it daily and it is a very solid product.

I don't think anyone that is a part of OP wants someone to go hungry; if money is tight you should spend it on necessary things like food, not electronics.

Obsolete is like what apple does after 2 or 3 years. They stop supporting the product with OS updates and make sure new software won't run on the old devices.

The current 600 MHz units are not obsolete as all the software that is being coded will still work on both consoles, the OS updates are still being made for both units and OP is still repairing said units.
Did I say that anyone went hungry to buy a Pandora? I said that they backed the project even though they didn't have much money to live on. People need a lot more than just food to live on you know <_<

When you pay for something that is supposed to be a first of it's kind but end up with something second best and outdated then it's obsolete, regardless of what support there is.

When you pay for something that is supposed to be a first of it's kind but end up with something second best and outdated then it's obsolete, regardless of what support there is.

I have to admit that I am a little disappointed with the purchase and the way things turned out. In my case, I payed the price of a premium Pandora (that's an additional 200 dollars over the regular price of 300) which I received several months later instead of seven days, as advertised. I can't really blame the OP staff because things went beyond their control with the whole CircuitCo fiasco. Nevertheless, I waited. When the Pandora finally got there, it turned out to be an 'used' one. The case had small cracks in several places and they became even more apparent with time. It looks like it's going to break apart soon. I expected a solid product that I could carry along when I go camping, for example, when instead I was stuck with this fragile thing that required me to be extra careful and now I seldom leave home with it. I had thought about returning it, but I cringed at the thought of waiting several months again. Therefore I kept the Pandora, handling it carefully every step of the way, which proved pointless because it's dead today (unknown causes) Still waiting a word from the coroner. :D

So, not only am I stuck with an expensive (remember that I payed for a premium unit) piece of hardware that isn't working, but I recently learned that it's been surpassed by a next generation Pandora. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, mind you, but it's definitely too soon considering there is still work that needs to be done on the original product as demonstrated above. I'm not here to trash anyone, and I strongly encourage the OP team to continue to improve and innovate that which at the base is a fantastic product, but I feel that somewhere along the road someone neglected their own supporters/customers.

Greeatings,

Thanks

JR223

I check on this today, and it's actually been refunded...

So that's the end of that then.

Back