I Think I Broke'd It

nemt

Website
www.nemesisz.net
I think I may have broken my GP2X. It's one of the newer ones, I bought it last December. I was playing F-ZERO on SuidgeSNES at 260mhz (I normally use between 240-60mhz for emulation) after playing some other games on other emulators at 240mhz and 250mhz for about twenty minutes. After about thirty second, the screen went black and I heard a clicking noise coming from the speakers. When I turned it off and on, it got to the green bootup screen and then the same thing happened. I waited a while now, turned it back on again, it got to the orange screen and then crashed again. Did I blow out one of the CPUs or something? Or could it be a power issue? I just put in some rechargeables I haven't used before - Opteka brand, 1.25v, 2700mAh.

nemt said:
I think I may have broken my GP2X. It's one of the newer ones, I bought it last December. I was playing F-ZERO on SuidgeSNES at 260mhz (I normally use between 240-60mhz for emulation) after playing some other games on other emulators at 240mhz and 250mhz for about twenty minutes. After about thirty second, the screen went black and I heard a clicking noise coming from the speakers. When I turned it off and on, it got to the green bootup screen and then the same thing happened. I waited a while now, turned it back on again, it got to the orange screen and then crashed again. Did I blow out one of the CPUs or something? Or could it be a power issue? I just put in some rechargeables I haven't used before - Opteka brand, 1.25v, 2700mAh.

hmmm

shouldnt this be in general GP2X

but mm, try some new batteries... my gp2x goes complelely dotty when the batteries are dodgy

perhaps they ran out of power?

I hope for your sake that is the problem :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems to work fine with the regular AA batteries I just yanked out of my TV remote, that's weird. I had just charged the other ones.

EDIT: I didn't realize I had posted this in the GP32 help board, sorry.

Back