I Thought I Was Prepared..

cookie

Still Fresh
so ive spent quite a long time reading about how to upgrade the firmware, and i was really hoping to not have to bother you guys about it. but my gp2x is sitting very still at the loading screen.

i got my unit used at verson 1 and i dont know how much it was used. i havent tried any programs, but the menu was working fine. i am upgrading to 2.1.1 and i started by putting the .tar.gz, the .img, anf the .gpu on the fat32 formatted sd card. i didnt put the .txt files because i read that i didnt need to. i turned it on holding start + select until it reached the green screen with the new firmware versin 2.1.1. then i turned it off and turned it back on holding start+select until i reached the upgrading screen again. but now it keeps going to the green screen indefinitely. i was under the impression that it would go to the NOW PATCHING screen or something. i have read that it can take a long on the green screen if the nand has bad blocks, so im just waiting now, but i thought id check to see if there was something i missed.

thanks for your time gp2xerpeoples...

so its been 12 hours and its still at the green screen. i turned it off and back on, and now i find that it shows the firmware upgrading screen regardless of pressing start+select.

so i try and downgrade to 2.0.0 and then work my way up? some help would be helpful...

Back