I Need To Get Ms Paint For Wine

First off, try using some punctuation.

Second, try telling us more information. What are you trying to do? Are you using Linux? What distro/version etc? What desktop manager are you using?

If you're using KDE, then try KolourPaint. It's very similar to MS Paint.

If you're serious, I guess you mean that you're using Linux as OS on your desktop computer, and that it has no easy-to-use drawing program. Right?
I have no idea what distro you use, but I guess it uses one of the big packaging systems; RPM, DEB, etc. If that's the case, look for a pre-packaged version of kpaint or any other simple clone of ms paint. That's easier than installing ms paint in Wine, though that probably wouldn't be a problem ;)

You can try GIMPshop... haven't tried it because I'm on Windows and can thankfully still run Photoshop; but afaik it's an attempt to make the GIMP interface very much like PS, so should be usable enough.

You can try GIMPshop... haven't tried it because I'm on Windows and can thankfully still run Photoshop; but afaik it's an attempt to make the GIMP interface very much like PS, so should be usable enough.
It's close (I've used it on Windows), but it still suffers from the GTK2 butt ugly interface. I eventually dropped it because even though it can load PSDs, it renders them differently than Photoshop does (it doesn't support all the layer effects), so it was useless to me. Now I just tell the lead artist what to do, and he does it in Photoshop.

Last edited by a moderator:
You could always get Open Source Xara though, it's more like Illustrator than Photoshop (or MS Paint). The tools are intuitive and renders stuff really fast. It's also got an active and very knowledgeable community if you ever have questions. I use the Windows version for all my graphics projects.

Shit, I didn't think the GPL-ed version of Xara was released yet. I may have to install it.

I'd like to see Pixen ported to Linux, though. That would be pretty sweet.

Back