Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pixel graphics (like Metal Slugs)

• Abstract (like Asteroids)

• Other (please state)

• Total voters

Ah, ok, so that's why. I recall when I didn't enable double buffering the screen flickered heavily, but the frame rate indicator wrote something above 250 :)

Seriously though, who doesn't have the tweaker bar all the way to the left? It's for your eyes' sake...

- Alex

I certainly do. I thought perhaps there are some people with units that worked better on other settings, but perhaps not. Otherwise, why GPH wouldn't just make the setting "Fuck Up LCD / Unfuck LCD" instead of a slider bar is lost on me.

I'm unsure of how this works out on the MK2, though. For all I know, that LCD could have a fixed framerate it expects, maybe it can use the whole range ~30-~112 FPS, maybe it ignores it ... I guess the only way to know for sure is to pick up an MK2, but I don't have nearly $200 to throw around for that right now. ;) Unless someone else wants to experiment with the method you used, and report back their results...

you know what, I made a topic about this in the cool ideas section but how about an FMV game? like night trap , dragons lair sorta thing :)

Should be doable since the main CPU (920T) wouldn't really need to do anything while the rest of the system plays video .. the two actions could trade places-- gameplay and video playback.

Cervante said:
how about an FMV game

That would be cool, but I don't think it would work with the type of game I am making. Maybe later...

Anyway, here are some pictures of my game. The first is of the old 3D pre-rendered graphics, and the second is of some pixel art graphics I did two days ago.
snapshot2.png
snapshot1.png

In my opinion, I do think the pixel graphics look better. It looks much cleaner, and they are easier to do than creating a 3D model.

Last edited by a moderator:
Allen Schmidt posted on Oct 5 2006 at 11:33 AM said:
Cervante said:
how about an FMV game

That would be cool, but I don't think it would work with the type of game I am making. Maybe later...

Anyway, here are some pictures of my game. The first is of the old 3D pre-rendered graphics, and the second is of some pixel art graphics I did two days ago.
snapshot2.png
snapshot1.png

In my opinion, I do think the pixel graphics look better. It looks much cleaner, and they are easier to do than creating a 3D model.
defineitely the second one.
but you might want to add some shading or something. just to keep it from looking too simple.
keep it up though

plounted posted on Oct 5 2006 at 09:40 AM said:
but you might want to add some shading or something. just to keep it from looking too simple.
keep it up though
And a little less "radioactive green" B)

Looking very nice though. Looking forward to this, I miss some good driving games on the 2X.

Back