I need help with drastic emulator gbsp

mushroomman

Still Fresh
I have various emulators on my pandora but only drastic and gbsp don't work. Id be truly grateful if someone could give me a tutorial on how to get the emulators running. Thanks in advance!

They both need BIOS files to work, DraStic needs DS bios files and gpSP needs gameboy advance bios.

The only legal way to acquire these is to dump them from the respective console using a flash cartridge or some other hardware.

Last edited by a moderator:
You will have to use the SQUEEZE accessory to properly compress the files for GPSP.

I know there is a thread on how to use SQUEEZE for GPSP...perhaps someone has the link? :unsure:

With Drastic make sure your file suffix is .nds. They typically have to be either unzipped via .zip file or extracted from a rar,.7z or trz file.

and yes you need the bios files too.

At least this is what works for me.

Last edited:
Are you sure the files are named correctly? It took me a couple times for DraStic, but you have to have the filenames EXACT, that includes the .bin at the end, (it might be worth noting that when you get the BIOS files naturally, some will end in .ROM. You don't want that.)

In your SYSTEM folder you should have 3 bios files ending in .bin

nds_bios_arm7.bin

nds_bios_arm9.bin

nds_firmware.bin

Exactly like that.

Last edited:
I also need help.  Just got mine after wanting it for 5 years.

I am not a newbie as I owned both GP32 and GP2x. Forwhatever reason I am having trouble with Pandora. Seems like many emulators do not even show up on my menu even when putting in the correct directories PANDORA/MENU etc...

The ones I did get to work, for whatever reason I either do not know where to place the roms or the emulator won't let be go back far enough to in the file tree to locate them.

gambatte

gpsp

mupen64plus config works but not the launcher

gnuboy

I have PCSX but it doesn't show up as well as other emulators....Anyone else have this issue?

Would really appreciate....

Oh, lastly my webbrowser doesn't launch, it says "INPUT/OUTPUT ERROR"....any ideas here?

I know a lotin one thread but I am dying to use this.

I also need help.  Just got mine after wanting it for 5 years.
Please create a new thread the next time, it helps other users find information faster.
I am not a newbie as I owned both GP32 and GP2x. Forwhatever reason I am having trouble with Pandora. Seems like many emulators do not even show up on my menu even when putting in the correct directories PANDORA/MENU etc...

...I have PCSX but it doesn't show up as well as other emulators....Anyone else have this issue?
Can you check your SD-Card for filesystem defects ? Are you certain that you placed them in the right directory ?

The ones I did get to work, for whatever reason I either do not know where to place the roms or the emulator won't let be go back far enough to in the file tree to locate them.

gambatte

gpsp

mupen64plus config works but not the launcher

gnuboy
gpsp:you can use the 'Y' Button (not the key on the keyboard) to go up all the way the root directory. Your SD-Card will be mounted in the media directory (either by its name or if the card has none it looks something like 'mmcblk0p')

gnuboy:

it should let you go up in the directory tree with the 'X' button, but be carefull, I managed to get stuck in the temp mount directory

I don't know much about the other emulators you mentioned, maybe have a look into the 'Documentation' Folder in the Menu, often times usefull information is stored in an applications/games readme file.

Oh, lastly my webbrowser doesn't launch, it says "INPUT/OUTPUT ERROR"....any ideas here?
Have you tried launching it via the XFCE -Menu entry ? If so thats (unfortunatly) normal, currently its a dead entry. You have to put one manually onto your Pandora =>http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=all&subcat=WebBrowser&s=new

I do not know the firmware, how do I check it? It is brand new just received if that helps, so it can't be that old.

Is there anyway to talk to someone live? So much easier. :mellow:

You can read the firmware version on the splash screen as the Pandora boots.

For live chat, you can join the #openpandora channel on the Freenode IRC network. (irc.freenode.net)

- Neelix

You can read the firmware version on the splash screen as the Pandora boots.

For live chat, you can join the #openpandora channel on the Freenode IRC network. (irc.freenode.net)

- Neelix
I am running Super Zaxxon 1.54 on Kernal 3.2. Is that what you want?

Back