I Made It!

Actually you know what? I've only been waiting since October last year but I'm jealous of these new folks coming in for 1st batch who will have to wait probably less than (364/52)*9, +/-3) days ;)

Status from the universal remote topic is still true, the outdated homepage will be moved to my portfolio soon, dropping the homepage design, moving compatibility to the wiki and only leaving links to the blog here on gp32x and a changelog on my portfolio.

//Edit: I better add that the others are right: Don't hold your breath! Atleast you won't get to play blockbuster titles anytime soon.

mali said:
welcome_mat.jpg

Yeah, And wipe your feet on the way out. :D

Trooper

Attachments

• welcome_mat.jpg
    welcome_mat.jpg
    219.8 KB · Views: 79
Last edited by a moderator:
mitosis said:
sdmsanilover said:
rabidpoobear said:
Yes just try to have a thick skin for the first 100 posts you make or so, then people will stop picking on you and move onto other newbies. :)
ill keep that in mind thanks for the support.

This thing is totally replacing the stupid dsi i wasted money for...

AAAAAHHHH... it's not that bad :D

Really you've just gotta figure that on ANY forums people are gonna tear you apart for the slightest mis-understanding... this place is actually quite nub-friendly for a forum.

As far as your DSi goes... did you ever try any homebrew on it? There's some pretty sweet things that can be done with a DS (I honestly don't know about the DSi but I imagine the same hombrew would run) if you have a good flashcart. Try checking out the R4 or the M3 (they are like a DS game cart with a micro-SD slot so you can run homebrews or ROMs).

dsi is COMPLETELLY homebrew blocked, thaks to mandatory firmware updates. you cant do anything with it without them. Pandora all the way!

rabidpoobear said:
Yes just try to have a thick skin for the first 100 posts you make or so, then people will stop picking on you and move onto other newbies. :)

Yeah? I've been here ~7 years (in fact it's longer than my join date, as I had an account I got locked out of) and haven't long reached 100 posts :p

My opinion - if you've got nothing good to say, say nothing at all!

I'm not going to get into semantics of whether I'm breaking my own rule with this post or not... ;)

Don't let them kick the joy out of you with their hilarious memes and nerdish cuntery :D I'm assuming you've ran a mile, vowing to never post here ever again, but if not, welcome :D

My advice, scroll through threads until you see this -
gpguru-logo2.png

The poster is likely to at least be making sense :D

If you see this -
clippa
Just keep scrolling :D

Attachments

• gpguru-logo2.png
    gpguru-logo2.png
    6 KB · Views: 84
clippa said:
Don't let them kick the joy out of you with their hilarious memes and nerdish cuntery :D I'm assuming you've ran a mile, vowing to never post here ever again, but if not, welcome :D

gpguru-logo2.png

The poster is likely to at least be making sense :D

If you see this -
clippa
Just keep scrolling :D

Not totally true. ED isnt a certified Gp32x guru. And there are a few other awesome guys (Pickle (or is he a guru), cpajuste etc) without the picture under their names who are awesome too.

Attachments

• gpguru-logo2.png
    gpguru-logo2.png
    6 KB · Views: 91
everyone keeps thinking that i ignored your requests to access the facilities on the forum. I got it, i did it now. It was only a question, no big deal, its not like i kept asking.

mali said:
^Yeah, put PSP in the search box and watch what happens ;)
Well blow me!
No results found for 'PSP'.

EdCa22 said:
I'm not going to get into semantics of whether I'm breaking my own rule with this post or not... ;)
Just to clear this up! You are. :p

Edit: I needed a slash!

People on this forum seem to be pretty damn confused about DS homebrew.
I was (and still am) an active member of several DS homebrew communities, so allow me to set you all straight.

First off: NEVER buy an R4 or M3 Simply. These are popular, but they are all actually fake. The R4 (and the M3 Simply, which is just an official clone of it) was once a good cart. Not anymore. They are outdated (terrible interface, terrible physical design), over-priced and, amazingly, no longer in production. The R4's you see are all actually clones and copies made by other companies. Any R4 or M3 you find are actually copies, as are the supposedly new and upgraded M4, M5, N5, N6, R5, R4 SDHC, R4i, R4i Gold, the other R4 SDHC, R4i SDHC, R4 Upgrade 1, 2 and 3, G6, G6 Gold (and the list goes on) are all crappy fakes made by other companies. Now, these may play some games and some homebrew, but they quickly lose support. And then you have a cheap, crappy cart that can't play any recent games or good homebrew. As a general rule: ANYTHING R4 IS FAKE AND SUCKS. The N5 actually broke a lot of DSs with its shitty wiring.
The only reason people buy them is because they are famous and they hear about them from friends. And if you go online and ask for help with one, you will be branded a noob and told to get a new, non-R4 cart.

Instead, get either an AceKard 2i (and install the top-of-the-line AKAIO unofficial firmware, which really makes this cart excellent), a M3i Zero (which isn't a fake of an R4 and is pretty damn good, if expensive), an EDGE cart, an E-Z flash Vi (frequent updates to its firmware, which is based on the beautiful Moonshell 2), the Supercard DSONE (often overlooked) or the soon-to-be-released Supercard DSTWO (which will be the first cart ever to play GBA games using only a Slot-1 cart, ie: the only way to play GBA games on a DSi).

Second off: Although the DSi has a lot of new hardware and features, these are all locked off and scaled down unless a DSi enhanced game is inserted. This means that the DSi runs in DS-mode (which is identical to an orig. DS or DS lite) whenever you play a normal DS game. While it is true that we can't access DSi mode yet (meaning that DSi games can't be pirated with the added DSi-part there), DS mode is completely usable. What this means is that you can use any DSi flashcart (it has to be a DSi-flashcart, but they cost the same as a non-DSi flashcart and are backwards compatible anyway) and the DSi will just act as a regular DS.

Now, there are two major problems with DSi flashcarts: DSi firmware updates and Wifi homebrew. It is true that Nintendo make their firmware updates manditory and ship all new DSis with the latest firmware, however- there has only ever been one firmware update which tried to block Flashcarts (which worked by checking the cart's heading to see if it was a forbidden cart) and this has been bypassed by all the flashcarts listed above. All you have to do is update the flashcarts bootloader with another DS (or the DSi if it hasn't been updated yet) and it will work with any DSi firmware so far released. The other problem is wifi. Many homebrew games that use wifi (which is literally about 1/2 the speed of dial-up on the DS anyway) will not run. There is no known solution to this yet, but it does not affect many pieces of homebrew.

Sorry for the rant, but I figure you all needed an update on the DS-scene.

sdmsanilover said:
mitosis said:
sdmsanilover said:
rabidpoobear said:
ill keep that in mind thanks for the support.

This thing is totally replacing the stupid dsi i wasted money for...

AAAAAHHHH... it's not that bad :D

Really you've just gotta figure that on ANY forums people are gonna tear you apart for the slightest mis-understanding... this place is actually quite nub-friendly for a forum.

As far as your DSi goes... did you ever try any homebrew on it? There's some pretty sweet things that can be done with a DS (I honestly don't know about the DSi but I imagine the same hombrew would run) if you have a good flashcart. Try checking out the R4 or the M3 (they are like a DS game cart with a micro-SD slot so you can run homebrews or ROMs).

dsi is COMPLETELLY homebrew blocked, thaks to mandatory firmware updates. you cant do anything with it without them. Pandora all the way!

Actually, there are specific flashcarts that work with those versions. You can't use your old ones, but you can still use the expensive part, the SD cards.

Honestly, why do people want a DSi anyway? get a lite! they are the same size, hombrew works better and the DSi's higher ram isn't used in flashcarts, which run in Old-DS mode.

clippa said:
gpguru-logo2.png
Every time someone gives this advice, I have to scroll through the thread and make sure I didn't post lolcats or something. This one is safe.

Attachments

• gpguru-logo2.png
    gpguru-logo2.png
    6 KB · Views: 78
Hello im new here this might be slightly off topic but where do you pre order a pandora I have tried emailing the places mentioned on the official website twice and no response for quite sometime maybe I emailed the wrong people.

omegazero said:
Hello im new here this might be slightly off topic but where do you pre order a pandora I have tried emailing the places mentioned on the official website twice and no response for quite sometime maybe I emailed the wrong people.
Hi. :) This thread is fine, better than starting a new one! The correct address is openpandorasales[at]gmail.com. They're snowed under right now with enquiries, so a few days wait is normal. Right now you'll be in a queue, and if an order slot opens up they'll contact you.

Cool thanks but its been more than a few days more like a few months should I email again or wait?

sdmsanilover said:
So i really wanted t oget a pandora, i went to email them on the site, but they said they were sold out. Inquring about the 2nd batch, i decided to email them. I later found that there were some available, and im happy to say...

I GOT ONE!

On a side note, anyone know about the possibilities/ progress of PSP emulation? Id love to play without harboring my UMD's.

EDIT: My bad if this may be seen as a rant, sorry im new:(
You could set your PSP up like mine and have custom firmware. I have a 32GB pro duo which has the cso's of my games along with some homebrew and movies with a little room to spare. But since some of the homebrew doesn't work the way I'd like it to on my psp I am buying myself a Pandora too. I just figured I would tell you a way of being UMD free, I just have my UMDs stored away, because I got tired of carring them around too.

PS welcome ;)

omegazero said:
Cool thanks but its been more than a few days more like a few months should I email again or wait?
Yeah, if it's been that long then send another one. Mails have been known to slip through the cracks.

Back