I Live In The Usa. Need Help, Things Are Unclear.

Solid82

Still Fresh
Hi guys,

I live in the USA and I just got my Caanoo with an 8gig SD card.

When I connect my Caanoo to the PC with USB. The folder pops up with these files:

NED_LIC.SYS
NED_SID.SYS
movie
game
apps

But on my Caanoo screen I see that the connection was not successful. I see the X instead of the check off. Is there something wrong here?

Also, I live in the USA. Should I bother registering my Caanoo on the Korean website? Its all in Korean.

Please let me know, your help is greatly appreciated.

Solid82 said:
Hi guys,

But on my Caanoo screen I see that the connection was not successful. I see the X instead of the check off. Is there something wrong here?

that actually means your connected you push x when you want to disconnect.

Last edited by a moderator:
blues2 said:
Solid82 said:
Hi guys,

that actually means your connected you push x when you want to disconnect.

Ok great! thanks. So should I register my caanoo on the korean website? and how do you download the new firmware update?

I get all of my files from this site:

http://dl.openhandhe...o.cgi?0,0,0,0,1

You'll definitely want to bookmark it. Its basically the official file repository for all the major open source handhelds.

As far as registering your Caanoo, there is a FunGP site that's all in English. I registered mine but I really don't see the point right now unless you really want to buy some of the games that are available for the Caanoo. Plus the site (and the download manager) are very buggy and slow. Hopefully they will be able to get them working better before they start accumulating desirable software.

Thanks for the help guys.

One more thing.

When I download the Firmware update, how do I transfer this update to the Caanoo? What file do I put the firmware under on my SD?

Solid82 said:
Thanks for the help guys.

One more thing.

When I download the Firmware update, how do I transfer this update to the Caanoo? What file do I put the firmware under on my SD?

You get the firmware package and put all the files on the root of the sd card. Put the card in the caanoo and hold the right shoulder button. You should start to see splash screen related to firmware updating.
Its recommended that you do this while the caanoo is running off a constant power supply such as USB or a wall socket.

Do I need an SD card reader on my PC to put this firmware file in the SD root folder?

Solid82 said:
Do I need an SD card reader on my PC to put this firmware file in the SD root folder?

well you need something to load the files onto the card, you could use the caanoo itself.
It doesnt sound like you know what i meant by root. This is a term that comes from the unix world to mean the lowest location in a filesystem. I guess you use windows so you want to copy the files to whatever drive letter your card mounts as like f:\

Back