I Just Took A Big Dump And I Need Some Help

Azure

Trust the recursion...
I'm sending my Genesis 1 system to get modded with stereo sound and s-video (Via neobitz-s encoder) but I'm also interested in putting some LEDs underneath that red plastic area where the power indicator is located. My interest is to have it completely light up all of the plastic. Has anybody put some LEDs underneath there (Is it easy to do/is there enough room to work with?)? Since I have a US system, the plastic is red; the problem is that I'm interested in green LEDs. If someone has put some non-red LEDs under there, does it look weird to see them shine through red plastic? Thanks in advance.

Great attention grabber.

As far as I see it, if the green leds are bright enough then they should show through the plastic, although, it may be yellowish, but that's not so bad...

Nova posted on Jul 30 2006 at 03:51 AM said:
Great attention grabber.

As far as I see it, if the green leds are bright enough then they should show through the plastic, although, it may be yellowish, but that's not so bad...
Would it be easy to get super bright LEDs for dirt cheap? I wouldn't normally mind, but I honestly don't think I'd like the yellow-ish look (Seems like it'd look "dirty" and "repulsive," like dirty mustard or something) . It just sucks that red and green are polar opposites, so there'd be no way to put different colored weak LEDs in there to get an end result of green.

Last edited by a moderator:
Azure posted on Jul 30 2006 at 12:05 PM said:
Nova posted on Jul 30 2006 at 03:51 AM said:
so there'd be no way to put different colored weak LEDs in there to get an end result of green.

You could try a blueish colour...

Nova posted on Jul 30 2006 at 04:16 AM said:
You could try a blueish colour...
Well, unless I use really bright LEDs, using any shade of blue will result in a violet-ish color, and using any shade of green will result in yellow-ish look. I guess if use standard weak LEDs my options are limited to roughly red, violet, yellow, and orange.

Back