I Just Creamed In My Jeans. (demo Video Of The P)

Any chance of getting some images of the gui?

Also, could you just use a keyboard/mouse through the USB for inputs in a game, for the time being?

Yes. we will work something like that out this week.

Edit, try to do it this week, but it might not be this week. You get the idea.

craigix said:
The GUI is custom, it is similar to Gmenu. I tried to compile a demo for windows but failed, the time is better spent on the Pandora right now.

We can't use the Pandora controls in any decent way as we don't have the final rubber parts yet.

Michael is trying to get a pretty cool video done for tonight. (note, I said trying, that does not mean it will 100% show up tonight, or tomorrow, or ever).

:)

-Craig
Thanks for the update Craig. Interesting. Go Micheal!

Yes pics of the GUI would be nice (if you have time) - but just think of all the discussion that will cause!

Last edited by a moderator:
craigix said:
The GUI is custom, it is similar to Gmenu. I tried to compile a demo for windows but failed, the time is better spent on the Pandora right now.

We can't use the Pandora controls in any decent way as we don't have the final rubber parts yet.

Michael is trying to get a pretty cool video done for tonight. (note, I said trying, that does not mean it will 100% show up tonight, or tomorrow, or ever).

:)

-Craig
Thanks for the update Craig and we look forward to whatever you can show/tell us.

How about a usb controller until the pandoras controls are final and produced? Has drivers like this been ported or optimized for the pandora yet?

A picture of the GUI would be nice update :) (good to see craig is not longer angry at us)

I just want to see some pictures of the finished case!

Surely it's been made by now?

New video is up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbPQJUOsQBQ

Edit: Craig beat me to it! It's already up on the blog.

craigix said:
The GUI is custom, it is similar to Gmenu.

I love you so much right now.

...Now what I'd like to know is...how skinnable is it? Does it support transparent PNGs?

craigix said:
Try to use some spare rubber pads from old TI Calculators. :D In my TI 30 I have a nice, big rubber membrane that could be cut and fit roughly for testing with the Pandora PCB. :) I had done this with a 1:1 Pandora PCB cardboard Mockup and with a Scissor and some duct tape the conductive rubber pads could fit. :D -just for testing of course.

I would love to see a video of the startup for the Pandora, (the BIOS and booting into Linux) just to see how that looks atm. (and how long it takes atm)

Other than that, I'd like to see the menu, and if Zod has any vids to show of a working N64 emu, then I'd love to see that running Ocarina of Time or Goldeneye. ;)

-God Ginrai

I'm under the impression that no one is working on an N64 emulator and there is no emulator that could be ported without months of hard work.

TJSomething said:
I'm under the impression that no one is working on an N64 emulator and there is no emulator that could be ported without months of hard work.
Then your impression is inaccurate in the first part - see here. The months of work I couldn't comment on.

TJSomething said:
ZodTTD announced a while back that he planned to port Daedalus (the N64 emu for the PSP) to the Pandora. As for how much hard work it would require, I don't truly know. But I would guess that it would take considerably less than porting any other N64 emu. (aside from maybe Mupen64)

-God Ginrai

Oh, hey. I must have missed that. Thanks for pointing that out.

Edit: Still, I figure that it's going to be nasty work, given the frame rate I get on my Intel A110 (x86 800 MHz) with Mupen64. However, I've been wrong before, so here's hoping!

TJSomething said:
Oh, hey. I must have missed that. Thanks for pointing that out.

Edit: Still, I figure that it's going to be nasty work, given the frame rate I get on my Intel A110 (x86 800 MHz) with Mupen64. However, I've been wrong before, so here's hoping!
Yea, but Daedalus has a good amount of optimizations already because they were trying to squeeze as much power as they could out of the PSP. And knowing ZodTTD's abilities, I don't think it will be too long before we see something working better than the PSP version. ;)

-God Ginrai

God Ginrai said:
Yea, but Daedalus has a good amount of optimizations already because they were trying to squeeze as much power as they could out of the PSP. And knowing ZodTTD's abilities, I don't think it will be too long before we see something working better than the PSP version. ;)

-God Ginrai
I hope these optimizations are done on C/C++ and not MIPS assembler... because it would be A LOT of work to port to ARM asm...although not impossible :p

Back