I have a kitten problem. =o.O=

FaeMinx

Rainbow Liberation Instigation
A day ago I became the caregiver of our new kitten...

Adorable yes... but the weather is a little chilly here, so while I was out of the room making tea... the little beast climbed onto my laptop because it was warm. I don't know what combination of keys she managed to press, but directly under my Member name is a box containing:

My Profile

My Settings

My Content

Messenger (0 New)

Manage Friends

Manage Ignored Users

It is static and hides the search button and the view new content button. Closing the web browser and reloading this site just shows me this calamity is permanent!

Kittens!

I had already propped my laptop up on some boxes so she would have no need to walk over it... but no, she has to wait until I'm out of the room to climb up and lie on the keyboard!

How do I remove this unwanted 'feature'??

Last edited by a moderator:
recreate the event, turn down the heating, and let your kitten sit on it again. Works everytime.

It sounds like your kitten has disabled Javascript in your browser - locate the option to turn it back on, and that should fix it. :p

Deleting cookies has not helped.

As for recreating the event... I'm scared. What if she magically manages to overwrite my operating system with Windows Vista? o_O

She is a black kitten after all...

Count yourself lucky it didn't pee on it. When I was a laptop repairer we had a few laptops come in for liquid damage, with description dog or cat peed on it.

Let's see a picture of the culprit, FaeMinx. I loves me some kitties!

Here's a pic of mine from 2002 when she was still a little kitten.

grim2002.jpg

Edit: Sorry, mods. Wasn't thinking. Probably not the place for this.

^ Aww! I've never seen a cat with markings like those. So cute!

Since my cat had his 18th birthday yesterday, your kitten probably only wanted to send him some congratulations over mail and failed :)

Not really a camera or photo person (can you remember me posting one...ever?)... But I'll charge up that ol' PowerShot my father passed down to me a couple years ago and see what I can do.

It'll give me a chance to take a few pics of my Pandora with all the neat accessories I've found for her. :)

EDIT:

Klaue said:
Since my cat had his 18th birthday yesterday, your kitten probably only wanted to send him some congratulations over mail and failed

Lol yeah. Who knows, she may have succeeded before I got back - check your inbox. :D

Count yourself lucky it didn't pee on it. When I was a laptop repairer we had a few laptops come in for liquid damage, with description dog or cat peed on it.
That happened to my VIC-20. My Aunt Mary's cat marked it. That was about 25 years ago, and it STILL reeks when I turn it on.

That happened to my VIC-20. My Aunt Mary's cat marked it. That was about 25 years ago, and it STILL reeks when I turn it on.
My cat threw up on my brothers-in-laws new £1000+ laptop. The guys an ass anyway and it serves him right for not putting it away before going up to bed :D

Back