I Forgot My Gp2x

Spank

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
So I am getting ready to go to work today and I see my beutiful Gp2x laying on the bed calling to me to bring it to work. Well I am very busy at work so I decide I won't have anytime for it and not wanting to risk any harm (not having a carrying case) I leave it behind. Well out of nowhere (or maybe it was the sky) we get 7 inches of snow in Chicago ILLinois. I averaged about two city blocks an hour and it took me four hours to get home. The whole time I just sat there thinking about my brand new handheld wich I loaded to the gills with snes and fully charged the batteries last night. I felt like fate was mocking me. I vow to never leave my Gp2x home if I am going more than a block away from the house. Hell I may buy one and put it in my first aid kit for emergencies. :rolleyes:

My question is

Does anyone else have a similar situation that they were stuck in when they were wondering why the heck they didn't just bring it along?

P.S. I typed this whole post out twice on my blackberry while I was in traffic only to have it fail to go through. Oh well it helped to waste some road time.

I always bring my GP32/2X/PSP/DS to work (in random order, depending on what game I'm involved in ATM).

I take my down-time VERY seriously :lol:

A man after my own heart. I even have nationwide wireless broand band for my laptop and I left that at work as well. I don't know if anyone has ever read these threads on a blackberry but it is not pleasent. Still I would rather read these threads on a tiny screen than sit in my car and think about how bad I had to pee.

I always have at least 2 mp3 players with me, my PDA loaded with games and/or videos, my gb micro with several games, a digital camera, and a cell with tetris. I make my own downtime.

And I hope to bring my gp2x along in the near future.

wow.. i hope none of you get jumped.. carrying thousands of dollars on your person at all times: not such a good idea.

:lol: Come on theres no crime in Chicago :lol: And the crackheads can't smoke the Gp2x as far as I know. Hmmm that gives me an idea............

Hush you. I only bring one system with me each day, randomly ... I don't heve that much free time ;)

Spank posted on Dec 9 2005 at 03:50 AM said:
:lol: Come on theres no crime in Chicago :lol: And the crackheads can't smoke the Gp2x as far as I know. Hmmm that gives me an idea............

Wow another GP2X owner in Illinois. Never would have thought. I am in snowy Schaumburg Playing Genesis on the Gp2X.

Last edited by a moderator:
Being a wannabe journalist, I always have a pen and a notepad so I can write something.

That is, until I get my shiny new GP2X!!! Ha. :D

Schaumburg? So did you get hit by the traffic caused by the plane that went off the runway or was that at midway airport? Oh well Its nice to know there is another Gp2x user in chicago. I was going from Hodgkins to Tinley Park what a pain.

Is traffic seriously this bad in all parts of the world?

NEWS FLASH
GP2x prevents 30,000 homicides by eliminating road rage.

NEWS FLASH
GP2x causes 30,000 vehicles accidents from people playing while driving a car.

;)

Spank posted on Dec 8 2005 at 09:22 PM said:
Schaumburg? So did you get hit by the traffic caused by the plane that went off the runway or was that at midway airport? Oh well Its nice to know there is another Gp2x user in chicago. I was going from Hodgkins to Tinley Park what a pain.

NEWS FLASH
GP2x prevents 30,000 homicides by eliminating road rage.

NEWS FLASH
GP2x causes 30,000 vehicles accidents from people playing while driving a car.

;)
Praise God the GP2X is a miracle! :p

Spank posted on Dec 9 2005 at 04:22 AM said:
Traffic here is not really a problem, because most people walk or get the bus. Most of the city is off-limits to everyone except buses and bikes during the day.

So, no.

My GP2X is going to be in my camera bag. So it'll be GP2X, GPS, Digital Rebel.

southpaw posted on Dec 8 2005 at 10:20 PM said:
traffic IS that bad in the DC area. actually its the second worst in the world i think, to new york.

Heh, that reminds me of Futurama. "Nobody drove in New York. There was too much traffic."

DC is bad and is rated overall worse than Chicago but it all depends on where your at in the city.

Check out the #3 and #11 on this list
Traffic

I have to drive through both of them.

So watch the news for a person beating another motorist profusioly with his gp2x.

I am surprised at the lack of stories about leaving your GP2x at home.
I think everyone here just knows to be a boy scout and "always be prepared".

A flame free post so anything is possible

Spank posted on Dec 9 2005 at 03:18 AM said:
Does anyone else have a similar situation that they were stuck in when they were wondering why the heck they didn't just bring it along?

No, not really. I brought my gp2x to work the first day I had it to show off, but haven't brought it with since. I am waiting for sound or to rip some movies before I have any use for it.

Meanwhile, my laptop (Averatec 4155 - has been upgraded to a MT-40 (2.2ghz 64bit), 2 gig ram, 100 gig 7200 rpm drive in a 4 lbs package) contains pretty much everything I ever need, so there's always something to do.

Back