I Feel Down

thumbsup.jpg

Coo, can I join in?

Well, tough.

When I was about 12, I had a Speccy. Long story short, I designed (on 5mm graph paper) a handheld Speccy. It looked very much like a Pandora, only it was neon orange 'cos that was the only colour in my pencil case.

That is why I want a Pandora. And no, it's not to emulate a speccy.

TBH, I don't give much of a toss what it can do. Ok, maybe I want some PSX/Amiga emulation, in a handheld form. In a clamshell. With analogue nubs. And a decent D-Pad. Show me the handheld that can do that, and I'll consider it. I might also develop for it - I've been writing a small BASIC interpreter that I'd like to port. Or maybe not.

But mostly I want it because it's a Pandora. Oh, and I paid for it, so that's also a reason.

I might wind Craig up sometimes, and I might take the piss loudly about the problems (nubs are a worry, and I'm being serious there), but I really, really want my Pandora. And behaving like a twat makes the wait more fun for me. I suppose that says bad things about me, especially as I wasn't like that before I pre-ordered.

The wait seems to bring out the worst in people, I suppose.

D.

Dunny said:
I might take the piss loudly about the problems (nubs are a worry, and I'm being serious there)

Yeah, that's why we're currently working on them. The manufacturer covers the costs to fix them - and that's what they're currently doing.

Another thing I just realized while talking with devs on IRC:
A lot of devs would like to help with the OS but have no idea what could be done.
So once I'm finished with the website, I'll try to make a list of what I think needs to be improved - and how devs can help :)

Last edited:
Ian_J said:
I'm tempted to stop visiting these forums, a lack of definite updates and any worthwhile progress is really getting me down....

Ian

You guys forget that this is a hugely personal and non-proprietary endeavor. If you want something right here and right now go buy a GP32x, a new iphone, or ipad... oh wait. Your not gonna do that because THEYRE CARP!!! >.<

Last edited by a moderator:
silverspring said:
I never said that just because I dont like something that makes it crap.
So... there's stuff you like but still call crap?

Total Dreck said:
You guys forget that this is a hugely personal and non-proprietary endeavor. If you want something right here and right now go buy a GP32x, a new iphone, or ipad... oh wait. Your not gonna do that because THEYRE CARP!!! >.<

Carping on a bit you mean? :)

Is this Craig's drunk ranting account?

SomeGuy99 said:
Please tell me there's a Craig's drunk ranting account :p Maybe there's an ED account where he's not amazingly friendly and concise...

Viral18 said:
SomeGuy99 said:
Please tell me there's a Craig's drunk ranting account :p Maybe there's an ED account where he's not amazingly friendly and concise...

No, he has an account where he's even nicer and more sincere. Sickeningly so!

Viral18 said:
SomeGuy99 said:

Hmm, good idea :D
I should open one just to rant... I heard it feels good after a long day full of work :D

Last edited:
SomeGuy99 said:

You always have to say something different :p XD

EvilDragon said:
Viral18 said:
SomeGuy99 said:

Hmm, good idea :D
I should open one just to rant... I heard it feels good after a long day full of work :D

I just had this vision of Craig and Ed trolling each others secret accounts. B)

Viral18 said:
SomeGuy99 said:

You always have to say something different :p XD

That's not true. I never contradict anybody.

SomeGuy99 said:
I just had this vision of Craig and Ed trolling each others secret accounts. B)
Maybe all the arrogant and angry accounts are actually owned by different key members of the team letting off some steam :p

[Edit:
SomeGuy99 said:
That's not true. I never contradict anybody.
XD]

Total Dreck said:
Ian_J said:
I'm tempted to stop visiting these forums, a lack of definite updates and any worthwhile progress is really getting me down....

Ian

Please don't ever say I'd buy an Apple product, I would not touch their products with a 10 foot barge pole.

I know its an amazing effort. The truth is nothing short of the psp2 will cut it for me.

I think I will make the leap and buy it. I'm sure tons is going on in the background but if by October op could make 20000 pandas I think it would be such a success it would be freaking crazy. It takes a special kind of geek to put 300 on a device they won't see for months...and I have a zelda half sleeve tattoo

I can't help think that the Pandora is like tensing your stomach when you really need to poop. Youll feel amazing when its out but it just won't budge.

mali said:

Is it me or are these happy go lucky Chinese ladies on the set of Coronation Street? :blink:

ED, such quality posts. You are definitely the heart of the OP project :)

Maybe all the arrogant and angry accounts are actually owned by different key members of the team letting off some steam :p

Craig: Well, what do you want me to do? You just want me to flame you?
Mali: C'mon, do me this one favor.
Craig: Why?
Mali: Why? I don't know why; I don't know. Never been in a flamewar. You?
Craig: No, but that's a good thing.
Mali: No, it is not. How much can you know about yourself, you've never been in a flamewar? I don't wanna die without any emotional scars. So come on; troll me before I lose my nerve.
Craig: This is crazy.
Mali: So go crazy. Let 'er rip.
Craig: I don't know about this.
Mali: I don't either. Who gives a shit? No one's watching. What do you care?
Craig: Whoa, wait, this is crazy. You want me to troll you?
Mali: That's right.
Craig: What, like in the face?
Mali: Surprise me. Pretend I'm a Vapourware Twat.
Craig: This is so fucking stupid...
[Craig takes a swig of vodka and taps away on his keyboard]
Craig: WHAT'S YOUR ORDER NUMBER?!!!
Mali: Motherfucker!
Craig: Well, Jesus, I'm sorry.
Mali: Ow, Christ... why the order number, man?
Craig: Guess I fucked it up...
Mali: No, that was perfect!

SomeGuy99 said:

Mali: No, it is not. How much can you know about yourself, you've never been in a flamewar? I don't wanna die without any emotional scars. So come on; troll me before I lose my nerve.
Are you suggesting that Craig and Mali are the same person? :eek:
It all makes SENSE now! How could I not have seen it?

SomeGuy99 said:

And that is the origin of the GP32x forums WHATS YOUR ORDER NUMBER??!! Meme. Join us next week for the explanation on 2 months™...

Back