I Cant Get Fgb32 To Work

renejr902

Website
Visit site
i install the preview day version of fgb32. but when i start a gameboy game ( gpmm/gb)
the screen become black. even if the game are zipped or not. i tried several games . ( all gb mono games)
thanks for help

I have no problem with this emulator.

Remove your existing installation and try re-installing from scratch.

Try some some ROMs sourced from elsewhere.

I don't know what else to suggest as it just works for me.

i tried to uninstall it several times and reinstall it with no sucess. my roms are good. im 100% sure. anyway i try to install others ones and the same thing happen. Any games i load and the screen become black.
i even try it on my second smc card, and the same thing happen.

please help me !! snif !

all others emu and homwbrew works without any problem.

the others are not enough fast or too unstable in speed. i dont like them.

i heard the preview day edition is fullspeed with gb mono games.

i got a black screen each time except one time the emu has frozen after choosing the game.

I REALLY want to try this emu.

questions

1. is there a option to get more colors in gb games than only one ? in my psp gb emu i can choose template from kirby, mario... and i have 3 to 5 colors in games.

2. can someone explain me with details how to install the gb preview day emu, maybe i do a stupid error.

i used a nlu.
this is what i did.

1. i download that: fgb32-fday-preview.zip and tries that one too fday-preview.zip ( but its the same version)

2. i copy the fgb32.fxe in f://gpmm ( f: = my smc 128 card)

3. i copy my gb roms in f://gpmm/gb ( i try copying zip files and uncompressed file even rar files. no ones work)

4. i start the emulator ( with the europena version and i try too with slubman explorer.)
it ask me to press A to scan files. it scanned files and found 32 files. its strangew i just have 25 gb games. anyway after that i press A to start a game the screen become black. nothing happen. even after 5 minutes. i press all buttons, one by one. i tries 20-25 different games with different format. i try others roms from elsewhere.

i tries several emulator ( fgen32, snesgp, sms32, nester, ljgp, homwbrew.... ALL WORKS even fgb32d ( by dmouse).
but fgb32d will stop to work if i try fgb32 preview day before using it. if fgb32 preview day is started before trying fgb32d, then fgb32d will not work anymore and freeze at files scan.

What do you think. !!!!!! Please help me i dont want to die. seriously i really want to play gb games, its my favorite handheld system.

anything you say i will try it. thanks for answers.

133 mhz won't work with colour games at 100% speed, 144 will. That's why fGB32-fday-preview runs at 144 mhz on game, 133 mhz on menu. That might be the cause.

I could compile you a special version if you're really in a hurry. Are 150 mhz ok? 156 maybe? 166 better?

USB really works but i'm pretty sure you have the wrong drivers. Try different ones as there are many versions tagged 'XP compatible' which might be not really compatible with your current XP configuration.

thanks for answer and support. i have no problem running genesis (md) roms at 160 mhz. but 166 mhz freeze. i played my genesis roms at 160 mhz. if you can compile a version at 160 mhz i will VERY VERY HAPPY ( 156mhz seem to works well too in drmd v5b9. youre really a nice guy to take time just for me to get fgb32 working. im happy :)
im just waiting to play gb games and gbc games. i pratically bought a gp32 nlu to play gb games ( at sunllight lol)

(do you have any multi color gb palette in fgb32 preview day ( for gb mono games)? or can you include any one . i like orange tint (orange,red,yellow). :) i dont know anything about coding so forget it if its difficult to do or if its already on your emu) i cant even acess the menu so i dont know.

for the gp32 usb port. its a long story. believe it or not i bought 2 gp32 on ebay. and the 2 gp32 dont work with usb port. ( one doesnt have free launcher so i cant do anything with it without usb port. the other has mr spiv firmware and i updated it to the european firmware so i can play with it.

(i tried Firefly drivers ( the 2 drivers for xp and it dont work.) i tried my gp 32 on 8 different computer ( 6 with xp and 2 with w98) i tried w98 usb driver for windows 98. and firefly xp usb driver for windows xp. windows ALWAYS said :windows dont regonized the device correctly or it said: harware dont work correclty. and when i try to install the driver over the unknow device it always said: dont contain any information for your device. w98 will install the driver but the device always have a red cross in device manager and cant start. The same thing happen for the 2 gp32. All a lot of forum people has tried to help me without any sucess with my problem. cant believe i have 2 defect gp32 usb port. and dont think its the cable i have 3 different one. and i tried all cables on the 2 gp32.) so i dont know what to do now. anyway i have one gp32 that work well with my card reader, so i dont need the usb port.)

thanks for answer , i wait your answer.

Could it be a good idea to try to load fgb32 with other launcher like: pacrom,yafl... ?
i always load it with the integrated launcher of the european version.
Is it possible that its work with others launcher ?

@renejr902

There was a MHz clock patcher tool lying around somewhere if I recall it right.
You might try that meanwhile I finish some other things that I'll have to do before compiling your binary (like installing old SDKs).

@slaanesh

The bad news:
I'm definitely out of the scene, and working in a big project which will keep me busy for the next 5 years. So there are little probabilities seeing anything newer from my side; maybe the fZX32 emu which I got improved sources lately by metalbrain and seleuco on GP2Xpectrum project, and a few others minor changes on other emulators (which were already in a quite good shape I think).

The good news:
The old retrodev.info site is definetively moving to opensource and I'm preparing a big release of all my sources, tools and toolchains for all my projects.

I've created a few sourceforge projects lately and created also a new temporal site http://rlyeh.wordpress.com which shows some of my new interests with GP32 & GP2X. Once all is done and tested to work fine, I'll point the old http://retrodev.info site to this new site.

Hope that helps community.

thanks rlyeh for answer. I REALLY APPRECIATED IT. i will try to find the MHz clock patcher.

I will wait that you compile your version.

i cant wait to play the gb/gbc emu. :)

rlyeh said:
The bad news:
I'm definitely out of the scene, and working in a big project which will keep me busy for the next 5 years. So there are little probabilities seeing anything newer from my side; maybe the fZX32 emu which I got improved sources lately by metalbrain and seleuco on GP2Xpectrum project, and a few others minor changes on other emulators (which were already in a quite good shape I think).

The good news:
The old retrodev.info site is definetively moving to opensource and I'm preparing a big release of all my sources, tools and toolchains for all my projects.

I've created a few sourceforge projects lately and created also a new temporal site http://rlyeh.wordpress.com which shows some of my new interests with GP32 & GP2X. Once all is done and tested to work fine, I'll point the old http://retrodev.info site to this new site.

Looking forward to the "good news". :)

Thanks Rlyeh.

Last edited by a moderator:
rlyeh said:
The bad news:

The good news:

Hope that helps community.

I hope this means that whatever you have completed for your minimal library will be released - because what you have prototyped for your 0.c release is right up my alley, and any gaps you weren't able to complete I can probably fill.

Thank you in advance!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back