►i Can Go Straight From 1.0.0 To 1.2.1 Right?

Drak

fff
Website
Visit site
Yeah my stupid 1gb sd car wont work ,and its on the confirmed list of working ones for 1.0.0..... So im going to update my firmware to see if thatll work.

So what im getting at is, can I go straight from 1.0.0 to 1.2.1?

Either way im going to use that safe method with the example flash thingy..

Yes you can. Its just the kernel your updating so it has all the older options in it.
Thanks, man I suck i always spell going 'gonig' silly me..

Ill go fer it! [too bad both my batteries are at 'empty' at the moment] from trying to get the pos to work :p

Good thing my parents 256 Centrios one they use in their dig cam works.. Ill use that to upgrade.

Last edited by a moderator:
man i cant belive your still at 1.0.0... there where a few bricks out there but make sure you do it right and there should be no realy probs.
use fresh batteries....!!!

man i cant belive your still at 1.0.0... there where a few bricks out there but make sure you do it right and there should be no realy probs.
use fresh batteries....!!!
What's wrong with fw 1.0.0 ? I'm still using it ... I can't see any upgrade right now that is really worth it, at least for me.

ive updated a lot on batteries which are half full, using AC adaptor, and with fresh batteries..never had a problem updating, i dont know how all these people brick their units its just bizzare

the manu improves with FW upgrades.. and photo viewer and battery time and the most importent update for me was that i now can use my 2gb SD card wich is great.

and you its bizzare that they brick for a few.. but i just added that cause that was what i heard was one of the bigger things that made it brick.. or am i wrong?

I already stated in another thread, for me with my 1gb ExtrMEmemory card it took me about one minute to upgrade... no problems at all... and the battery went on for some hours afterwards too....
But I guess its most secure if you are cautious ;)

What's wrong with fw 1.0.0 ? I'm still using it ... I can't see any upgrade right now that is really worth it, at least for me.

same for me

I use 1.0.0 fw because so far the updates seem pretty pointless to me. The new 1.3.0 will be VERY NICE though since itll have the battery life indicator.

But im gooing to go to 1.2.1 to try and get my sd card working... Hopefully that will do it, if not then i gotta fidn a diff way to format my 1gb sd to work :blink: cuz my card reader works fine..

For some reason though my parents digi cam wont format my 1gb sd card.. IT just freezes all the time or says it failed :angry:

ive updated a lot on batteries which are half full, using AC adaptor, and with fresh batteries..never had a problem updating, i dont know how all these people brick their units its just bizzare

Hmm, I agree. Maybe all the people who get it right don't make as much noise..
I can't resist updating it! I tried to when there was fuss over 1.2.0 but only lasted a couple of days...

I think things are way to hyped being dangerous. Like (Offtopic) Flashing your firmware on your DS. Sounds like you can brick it really easily. But actually it's quite hard. But I'm not going to take the risk anyhow. I'm going to wait for an Official AC Adapter to find itself in my ome.

I just upgraded my baby to 1.2.1 Hella easy just now. Heck, the card wasnt even fat32, it was infact FAT :p

its only a 1/60 chance of bricking if you use robsters method it seems, i used that method ^^

Back