Upgrading To 1.2.1 Firmware

tkz

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
The 1st firmware update i did was to 1.1.0 using the file gp2x_fspatch_1.1.0.rar, that went fine, i been trying to upgrade to 1.2.1 but having a few problems. I installed the gp2x_fspatch_1.2.1.tar.gz file, then realized its not the actual firmware its scripts, after that i found the actual firmware, gp2x1.2.1.zip. I unzipped it but cant find a readme file :blink: . Sorry for the n00bness im pretty new but still loving muh gp2x. Can anyone tell me the procedure to update my 1.1.0 firmware to the 1.2.1, or point me in the direction of some n00b instructions?

Any help appreciated.

:( Before i upgraded to the 1.2.1 firmware i formatted my sd card to fat32, then put the .img file on there, it said it was upgrading and on the green screen it said firmware ver 1.2.1, then i put the patch that came with the kernel in the root dir on the sd card, went to the utility meny but nothing is there? What did i do wrong?

Any help appreciated.

:( Before i upgraded to the 1.2.1 firmware i formatted my sd card to fat32, then put the .img file on there, it said it was upgrading and on the green screen it said firmware ver 1.2.1, then i put the patch that came with the kernel in the root dir on the sd card, went to the utility meny but nothing is there? What did i do wrong?

Any help appreciated.

You are halfway there. Your green loading screen shows Ver. 1.2.1, so now make sure you have the.gpu and tar.gz on the root of your SDcard. Delete the kernal.img and run the .gpu. If you don't see it in your utility folder, try your game folder. After it is done loading, turn your unit off for ten seconds. That should do it. Good Luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
I put the gp2xpatch-1.2.1.tar.gz and the patch20060107.gpu in the root dir of the sd card, deleted the .img, started it up, went to the utility section, its blank, the tried the game then explorer section theyre empty too nooooo :(

hi you may have a sd prob, somtimes when i load stuff onto my sd the gp2x dosent read anything so it looks empty... and when i put it back on my comp its all there... i know its a simple thing but make shore you disconect you #sd card properly by stoping the "usb mass storage etc.... that works for me good luck.
ps i dont think you can brick your 2x after the main instal anyways.... :D

Back