I Am Thinking About Selling My Wiz

Yeah... I'm thinking about selling mine too, this thing suck! the GPH only care about their profit, not thinking about fixing screen tearing or some other issue.

Thank you for the topic.
At the GPH is trying there best to get rid off the tearing problems.
The SDK Library it is being translated into Korean - English,
and we are expecting to be out on October.
Byt his the tearing will be stopped.
I am aware that some of the developers are really trying hard to solve the problems.
We are really trying really hard for all of our users.
Thank you and Best Regards

Where are you guys from, what country?

I wouldn't mind having an extra "beater unit" to drag around.

Are there any bad pixels?

GP2X-INT said:
Thank you for the topic.
I am aware that some of the developers are really trying hard to solve the problems.

Please don't try to stop the tearing. When GPH does it it usually means a bad solution that just slows everything down and/or makes all current software stop working.

If the SDK and all of the current source codes were released the guys that actually know what they are doing could fix it, the right way. Actually Notaz has already in a few emus and it works much faster than what GPH tried in the last firmware update. Releasing SDK in October is ridiculous, by that time no one will be doing Wiz stuff anymore as that is WAY too long. It should be done by the end of august at least.

Last edited by a moderator:
What do you think is going to be in this magical SDK, DaveC? Hint: nothing we don't already have. Also, what "current source codes" need to be released? As far as I was aware, we had everything besides the 3D library source now, and there is no chance whatsoever of getting that.

DaveC said:
If the SDK and all of the current source codes were released the guys that actually know what they are doing could fix it, the right way.

Errm... the source code is in th archive...?

Last edited:
GP2X-INT said:
Thank you for the topic.

Geez, October. I don't think anyone really cares about this SDK, not sure if you guys should even bother if it's taking you this many hours to produce. Of course a solution to the screen tearing is welcome, but unless it's using the 3D hardware AND is "for free" then it's not going to be worth anything to anyone. If it does use the 3D hardware and doesn't have any copy costs then it should also incorporate scaling.

Orkie said:
we had everything besides the 3D library source now, and there is no chance whatsoever of getting that.

So what is the point of having a 3D GPU if no one can use it?

DaveC said:
Orkie said:
we had everything besides the 3D library source now, and there is no chance whatsoever of getting that.

What Orkie was saying is that we won't be getting source code to the 3D DRIVERS. A lot of platforms don't have source available for 3D drivers but that doesn't prohibit people from using 3D. Pandora's going to be the same way.

Exophase said:
DaveC said:
Orkie said:

What Orkie was saying is that we won't be getting source code to the 3D DRIVERS. A lot of platforms don't have source available for 3D drivers but that doesn't prohibit people from using 3D. Pandora's going to be the same way.

Which is even more of an annoyance with the Pandora as the hardware is capable of OpenGL 2.0 but instead people have to waste time trying to port to OpenGL ES instead. PowerVR need a slap.

Back